The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

tiny_mce_gzip.php problem (6 posts)

1. acemi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi all,

I am having problems with displaying the default WYSIWYG editor, TinyMCE, and the possible suspect is the file tiny_mce_gzip.php. After I have noticed the problem, I have checked the js.php's responsible for displaying the TinyMCE and I figured that the tiny_mce_gzip.php is not returning the js code, but a blank page.

I have also checked the trunk and tried the latest modified version of the mentioned file, but nothing have changed. Then I've tried to change the options inside the file (which shipped with the installation package). When I modified the $diskCache value to true, it did display the js code and the tabs over the editing area become visible, but they weren't active and the editing buttons were still not visible.

Here are some more details about the installation;

• WordPress μ version: 1.0
    • Active Plugins:
      Adsense-Deluxe+: 0.8
      Angsuman's Authenticated WordPress Plugin: 1.0
      Auto-hyperlink URLs: 2.01
      AutoLinker: 1.3
      Chunk Urls for WordPress: 2.0
      Quote Comment: 2.0
      Random Posts: 2.0.2
      RSS Feed Signature: 1.1
      Share This: 1.3.1
      Subscribe To Comments: 2.1
      WordPress Mobile Edition: 2.0
    • PHP & MySQL information: Screenshot.

Any ideas?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd submit a ticket to trac and see if Donncha has any ideas.

What version of WPMu are you running anyway? I know that they's been some upgrading recently of TinyMCE.

3. acemi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd submit a ticket to trac and see if Donncha has any ideas.
    What version of WPMu are you running anyway? I know that they's been some upgrading recently of TinyMCE.

Thanks for advice, I'll give it a try. Btw, I'am running WordPress μ v1.0, as I told in the first post ;)

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just noticed that TinyMCE is calling a number of files that aren't there:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/255

and yours at 256. They may be related.

5. acemi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for pointing out that ticket, they may be related. I've tried to rename the files slider.js, controls.js, dragdrop.js, effects.js and builder.js with a "wp-" prefix, but still no progress.

Well, I know, I just gave it a try :)

6. acemi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have solved the problem by using a modified version of the tiny_mce_gzip.php. Modification was made by removing the lines 132 to 142. Hope it helps you to solve the problem for future releases ;)

About this Topic