The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Top Bar MU-Plugin (13 posts)

1. Conmiweb
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi, i'm having a problem with this plugin it works like a charm, but it's showing on the themes, coverint the theme, and it's very ugly, the top menus of themes can't be visibles.

How can I do to show the bar at REAL TOP of the themes?

Thanks!

2. Conmiweb
    Posted 17 years ago #

Any Idea=?

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

are you talking about the MU Admin Bar plugin from wpmudev.org?

If so - what are you complaining about? Its purpose is to show on top of every blog... it even specifies to modify themes and add padding-top: 28px; to the themes that need it...

4. Conmiweb
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok, and whare I've to add that? In the css? On header? body?

Put an example with kubrick please!

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

The poster is expressing their annoyance that the top bar is displayed in front of the theme's background. They don't like that.

Why not just add it a background for the top bar? I could have sworn that we either linked to one here or included one in the zip file. Heck, I just um, "borrowed" mine direct from wp.com. :whistle:

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

sorry if I understood the question wrong :-(

btw. if I was not wrong, you add those 28px (in the coresponding css file) to the topmost element of the theme you are using in most cases I found it worked with the container element although I remember suleiman (if I remember right) adding it to the body element...

7. Conmiweb
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike i'd like to had this .zip file!I don't know how to fix that!Please help!

8. Conmiweb
    Posted 17 years ago #

I tried touching the css, but it still not working? What I've to do please?

9. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

to be honest I am not exactly sure what the problem is you see - I tried this: http://ovizii.conmiweb.com/ and it looks perfectly ok to me - or is there something hidden below the mu admin bar?

10. Conmiweb
    Posted 17 years ago #

yes, but with others themes, like K2 or others, the bar covers the header image, see here, for example: http://atcc.conmiweb.com/

Take look, and help me, thanks!

11. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

you need to go into each theme's style.css file and either put margin-top: 30px; or padding-top: 30px;

Good luck.

12. Conmiweb
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've tried that:

#header {
    background: black url('mustafar.jpg') center center no-repeat;
    width: 100%;
    height: 224px;

padding-top: 30px;
    }

And that:

#header {
    background: black url('mustafar.jpg') center center no-repeat;
    width: 100%;
    height: 224px;

margin-top: 30px;
    }

The same in the part of body, but it still not working. I think that i has to be done in the top bar plugin, in order to not to move all the themes.

Any idea?

13. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Depends on where the action call for the header is. If a theme is poorly coded, and it comes before the inclusion of the themes css file, then it would create an issue if you just modify the plugin's additional css itself.

Look for things that are absolutely positioned, like a container div, or something like that which would put it at the top no matter what.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Conmiweb
  • Latest reply from lunabyte