The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No Mail Server setup - Is it impossible to get WPMU setup? (7 posts)

1. wmgries
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't have a mail server setup on my server so the default way of giving users their passwords is impossible. I'm working on a mail server setup but for now I need it to work without a mail server. Is this possible?

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

if you used the search you would have find out, that there is a nice smtp plugin from coffee2code that lets you use an external smtp server.

3. wmgries
    Posted 17 years ago #

This would be great but how do i activate the plugin without getting access to the admin interface?

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK, I'm lost. Which admin interface are you talking about? Aren't you the WPMu site admin for your setup?

5. wmgries
    Posted 17 years ago #

yes, but it trys to send me a password so i can log into the admin account. since i don't have the e-mail setup i can't get the password so i can't log in to install this plugin so i can get the password in the first place.

hmm, am i doing something wrong?

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok, I understand now. If you have phpmyadmin isnattled, you can go in and reset your password to something that works for you:

http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/phpmyadmin/

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

7. wmgries
    Posted 17 years ago #

great! thats exactly what I am looking for (and the plugin mentioned should work great after i have access to the insides)!

About this Topic