The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Bar stewards! (17 posts)

1. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Wow, the sheer cheek of it!

Check out these guys: bloggcasting.com (WPMU site)

Splogging an old WPMU site of mine (which admittedly needs to be shut down): http://bloggcasting.enableblogs.org/

Doth give us a bad name!

2. mccloskey
    Posted 17 years ago #

Man, you wouldn't know they were WPMU from their site. They even removed credit from the themes that I saw. A lot of their blogs seem to have content that was just copied from Wikipedia. Anywho...

Farms, could I link to your WP tutorials until I make my own? I don't have hardly any traffic yet anyway.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

They're hosted on a ThePlanet server. Not worth complaining. They won't do anything.

edit: I didn't find any splogs right off though.

4. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm going to make some better tutorials very very soon ut you're more than welcome to link to anything I've done in teh past... that's wot it's there for :)

5. mccloskey
    Posted 17 years ago #

Farms, you are cool :)

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

*chuckle* I think farms needs to check his wp-admin links as we keep getting his clients on the wp.org and now on the wp.com support forums. :)

That's a suggestion by the way. Nothing mean meant behind it. I did try to take care of them as best as I could.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Maybe that should be something for trac, perhaps?

Links to support should be something able to be "specified" in Site Admin, or something of that nature.

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think we brought that up a couple of times actually. The issue with that though is that everybody's method of support is different. Not everybody has a support forum or a feedback system or email support.

9. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's true. The link(s) to the codex, for the most part, are OK.

It would just be nice to have one less file to touch, and remember during upgrades.

Not like it really would make a difference for me, I hack the back end up in quite a few places to make the sub menu vertical in a lot of areas. For my taste, it gets too long pretty quick to run across the top.

10. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't think I even left the codex link in myself. I just pointed it to the inhouse faq.

11. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

There are no end of annoying little things that need taking care of from the 'How to add a plugin' text to the 'run install.php' error text and bottom of presentation too... there's a lot of 'cleaning up' that needs to be done.

Also (he harks back to previous stuff http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=2481&replies=3 ) how the dashboard is and could be configured needs a lot of thought.

Cheers, James

12. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, if this is the direction of this <strike>hijack</strike> thread, then I wouldn't mind the hosting push on the export page being cleaned out either.

For most of these little nitpicks that we've got going on here, I would probably be quite content with simple variables holding the content at the top of a file. Crude, but makes it easy to upgrade.

But, IRT your comment James, a feed reader on the dashboard would be a nifty little gadget. Not "too" difficult to pull off, either.

13. mrmumu
    Posted 17 years ago #

Whats Up With No Widgets?

14. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Whats Up With No Widgets?

Don't have a clue as to what you're talking about but if you're questioning the lack widgets within WPMu, that's because the widgets are a plugin, not a built in feature. You have to install it yourself.

15. mrmumu
    Posted 17 years ago #

No I was talking about http://bloggcasting.enableblogs.org/ Not having any widgets and having the users install all the plugin. It makes the site very hard for a new wpmu users.

16. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Eh? Firstly that's a splog, secondly enableblogs has had it's day anyway - no point updating an unused host.

17. nolageek
    Posted 17 years ago #

<meta name="generator" content="WordPress wordpress-mu-1.0" /> <!-- leave this for stats -->

I like their implementation of blog categories.

About this Topic