The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Spam Karma 2: Author cannot see spam queue option (8 posts)

1. JohnA
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've installed a nice WPMU 1.0 installation at http://auditblogs.com and I've already gained a few authors. One of the authors has invoked Spam Karma 2 for his blog but says that there is no Spam Karma tab in the Admin menu under Options.

This means that he cannot check his own "recent spam harvest" for posts which SK has marked as spam but which aren't.

Does anyone else have this problem and what is the fix?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are you sure they're Authors or Admins for their blogs? There's a difference. I think only admins can work with SK2.

3. JohnA
    Posted 17 years ago #

They're only authors. How do I make them into admins, and what are the risks?

4. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well.. they could completely trash your site :)

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

If he has his *own* blog, then he shoudl be an admin on it - unless you tweaked something.

6. JohnA
    Posted 17 years ago #

According to the user profile, he is an administrator on his own blog.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Here's the URL.

http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=spamkarma2&sk2_section=spam

See if he can plunk that in and see it. Also, have you used the original unmodified plugin?

8. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've figured this out - basically it's only Site Admins that can access the options - so, if you want to allow all users to access them just jump into wpmu-sk2.php, go to line 41 and change this:

if ( is_site_admin() ) {
    	add_options_page(__('Spam Karma 2 Options', 'sk2'), 'Spam Karma 2', 7, "spamkarma2", 'sk2_option_page');
      }

to this:

add_options_page(__('Spam Karma 2 Options', 'sk2'), 'Spam Karma 2', 7, "spamkarma2", 'sk2_option_page');

If you want to go halfway and really only allow users that you point to the options to see them then just remove the 'Spam Karma 2' text as below:

add_options_page(__('Spam Karma 2 Options', 'sk2'), '', 7, "spamkarma2", 'sk2_option_page');

Cheers, James

About this Topic