The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugins working standalone but not combined with others (5 posts)

1. Elemem
    Posted 17 years ago #

Where do you look when plugin A works, but only if plugin B is not activated... and plugin B works, but only if plugin A is not activated?

I get a blank screen when I choose the "wrong" plugin combinations.

What should I look for, identical function names, anything else?

Sorry for not providing specific plugin combinations, as I still have to figure out working vs non-working plugin combinations.

Currently I have around 12-15 plugins in use but can only activate around half of them at once.

I.e.: I can only activate a few of these:

Widgets
    Simple Trackback Validation
    AuthImage
    Math Comment Spam Protection
    Share This
    Snap Preview
    Jerome's Keywords
    Jerome's Keywords - Related Posts
    Anarchy Player
    Pop-Image
    Meebo

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You may want to give some specifics of plugins that don't work together. You don't give us anything to go on I'm afraid.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Out of all those I know Widgets and Anarchy Player work together. many of us are using both.
    Actually, I can't see the widgets interfering with much.

Stick those two in, see what happens. They should both work. Then turn one more on - see what happens. Repeat. If it horks, then the one you just turned on is the problem. Also, it could be more than one, so take a note then try the next one on the list.

4. stewdio
    Posted 17 years ago #

A quick question OT Elemem, does AuthImage work in Mu, and do you think it can be modified for the wp-signup.php page?

Before I open my site to the public, I would like to have some sort of intermediary for the signup process and also for the comments.

This is one plugin I would definately use, or something similar at the very least.

Oh, btw, Meebo? I had issues with that on standalone WP, not that great a plugin, but that only my humble opinion.

Anarchy is pretty awsome from what I hear, and others here at Mu have used it successfully, so that may not be a problem.

Widgets Works fine. I've seen people use Snap, so thats not an issue, at least on it's own.

The only questionable ones I see listed would be Pop-Image, could be a JS issue, if I'm assuming correctly.

Keep in mind that even though most of the plugings work within the Mu framework, not all of them will be 100% compatible. For instance, I had to make a couple very minor modifications to get Tiger Admin to work, so that may very well be the case with your situation.

Here's a question for the comMUnity at large. Isn't there a way to integrate PHP and SQL debug output screens into the script as a whole, or am I missing something altogether?

Would certainy be handy!

5. Elemem
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah I'll have try around and find the right combinations I guess.

@stewdio: Yes AuthImage works in wpmu, at least for me, and it even works alongside with Math Comment Protection although running both together may be overkill lol.

For WPMU signup there is another Captcha http://mu.bloggles.info/2006/12/14/wpmu-captcha-for-registration/

I couldn't get that one working though, but I didn't try very hard yet.

About this Topic