The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Feeds and adding custom pages to template (3 posts)

1. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'm building a sports blogging site. i want multiple feeds throughout the site, ie. News --> NBA News, NFL News, NCAA BB news, etc, etc. the problem is that the feeds would be on pages i created with the 'write post' command. these pages dont seem to be editable, so i chose a theme that let me chose a different theme per page (andreas09). then i went into the template, adjusted the alternate themes and added my feeds. problem: i'm going to run out of templates before i get all the feeds i want.

does anyone have a better solution, or maybe a way to copy and then rename template pages so that they show up in the . i tried this, but i cant see them in 'Write Page-> Template options'? if there isnt a better solution, i just want to be able to pull up my modified/renamed templates in the drop down window.

i'm using simplepie for the feeds, the template is andreas09. my PHP knowledge began when i installed WPMU, but i'm willing to stare at it intensely until it works.

thanks, any and all ideas would be appreciated.

2. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok, i fixed it. to add to page templates to the menu in 'write page' create (or copy) a template page. rename it, then rename it in the top of the file. change '2-col-link' to 'basketball'. i created over 10 different page templates that all look the same, but have different titles. the i added the feeds to them.

now i can create a page thru WPMU and edit how it looks.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep. VERY basic template stuff with WP. MU's no different on that aspect, and the codex is full of great information.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by demonicume
  • Latest reply from lunabyte