The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sidebar Widget plugin not working in 1.1.1 (14 posts)

1. jutecht12
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've upgraded my site to mu 1.1.1 and have the sidebar widget plugin in the mu-plugin folder. It shows up but the ajax of dragging and dropping widgets does not work.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can you please verify if the AJAx scripts are loading? (ie do the URLs for the javascripts load when you copy and paste the URLs into a browser window?)

3. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Also, might need to do a hard refresh of the page in question.

I had that issue as well initially, and a shift refresh worked just fine.

4. kingler
    Posted 17 years ago #

I had this issue as well, but an update to the latest widgets code from Automattic fixed my problem.

5. jutecht12
    Posted 17 years ago #

When you mean a shift refresh do you mean holding down the shift button and refreshing the page? If so tried it and it did make a difference.

I don't think the AJAx script is loading properly. When I tried to add another text widget, it cleared my whole sidebar of the other widgets and now it won't let me drag any widgets to activate them. The same happens on all blogs.

6. jutecht12
    Posted 17 years ago #

Got it working. After upgrading to MU 1.1.1 I downloaded and installed the newest version of the widget plugin. http://automattic.com/code/widgets/ uploaded it to the mu-plugin folder along with the the widget.txt file found here. http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=815&replies=12

7. cburell
    Posted 17 years ago #

jutecht12, shouldn't the widgets plugin be put in the /plugins directory instead of the /mu-plugins?

we're navigating the same seas here, buddy, and i just saw the README.txt saying to put it in the plugins, not the mu-plugins, folder.

i'm crashing and burning all over the place, but it's interesting ;-)

c.

8. cburell
    Posted 17 years ago #

never mind. the README assumes a WP install, not WPmu.

la de da.

9. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

/me

I prefer to stick the actual widgets plugin in mu-plugins, but put the widgets themselves in plugins/widgets.

Mainly to conserve what gets loaded every time. Since mu-plugins will include the file regardless of if the user wants to use it or not.

10. cburell
    Posted 17 years ago #

i'll try it. my load time is a bit slower than I'd hoped, and we're using a VPS, not shared, server. :(

11. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

VPS?

SSH into it and bump up the max memory in php.ini yourself then. Nothing vi can't fix, and chroot should allow it.

Just remember to restart apache when you're done. ;)

12. cburell
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hm.

I did try, and get this for several widgets (Google search and others):

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare widget_gsearch_init() (previously declared in /home/cburell/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gsearch.php:16) in /home/cburell/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widgets.1.0/gsearch.php on line 74

13. cburell
    Posted 17 years ago #

Server support did it for me (I'm still finding my legs in all of this). But thanks!

Back to that initial "widgets not drag-n-dropping into sidebar" challenge that started this post....

I'm wondering where the scriptalicious folder should be: wp-mu widget or widget directory?

Or does it matter?

14. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

it should be in wp-includes, which with MU it already is. ;)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by jutecht12
  • Latest reply from lunabyte