The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Automatically generated password does not work for admin (11 posts)

1. providencebooks
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just installed MU, and went to log in for the first time with the password that was automatically generated, and I get an error staing that I need to enable "cookies". They are enabled, but password will not work. How can I get in as admin.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually you get a bigger error message then that normally.

Are you sure the password and username is correct?

3. providencebooks
    Posted 17 years ago #

I used the one generated and sent through an email once I finished installation.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's going to tell you if the useraccount is not found or if the password is wrong. Please report back what it says to you. (This is the "You get a bigger error back" bit.)

5. verian
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have exactly the same problem. The error message is "Error: Incorrect password." and the cookie reference is "Note: You must enable cookies to use this site."

I have cut and pasted from my email and also typed it in, just to be on the safe side, but neither method works.

6. verian
    Posted 17 years ago #

Access can be gained by accessing the table and manually changing it as mentioned in other posts on this forum.

7. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi there, I am having the same problem. Suddenly it started not letting me in, I did not change any thing since last login which was last night.

I checked database tables and the email address is the same. I can not log in, can not ask for new password either !!

Is it possible to make password work/change from within tables?

8. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there any bug in the scripts? could any one help? pls

9. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

If it suddenly stopped working and you hadn't been changing the software or fiddling with plugins, then it's an issue with your browser, the server or both.

10. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

I tried almost all ways sugested in forum, no success.

11. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,
    I have made a stupid mistake I think!!!
    As I remembered, I was tring to prevent spamers from being registered and somehow I registered a blog for my self to test it!!! however the system accepted my new detail as for ADMIN, it was the problem I think.

Now every thing is working and nothing is wrong then.

Thank you for everyone's advise and help. I hope this note help people who have the same problem after registering a new blog for themeselves in their site.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by providencebooks
  • Latest reply from tohave