The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New users can't register (30 posts)

1. topherrosado
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've got a problem that's just cropped up in recent days and I have no idea what happened. I'm hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

When new users sign up, their blogs appear in the Site Admin interface, but when I go to take a look at them, the following error appears:
    It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php.

This has just recently started happening, and I haven't made any changes to the code since making the Premium Plugins work. I've had some splogs appear since then, so I'm somewhat sure that that's not the culprit.

I didn't find anything after a search except for year-old posts which all advised updating to the then-latest code (my codebase is from January). Any ideas?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually I'm having this issue as well. I can't dupe it though. I'm wondering if somehow the site is being "created" before the account is verified.

3. topherrosado
    Posted 17 years ago #

I tried creating a new blog, and I got a page full of this:

WordPress database error: [Table 'MY_DB_NAME.wp_23_options' doesn't exist]

I'm wondering if a plugin might be the culprit, but I don't know which one because I did test several over the past few days. They didn't work well with WPMU (or at all) so I removed them before making them live. I'm currently looking at the last few plugins I downloaded, but I'm not too sure where to begin looking.

What might cause this error?

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

How are you creating this blog? If it's via the Site Admin interface, that's a known issue, has been much discussed already, and a search will turn up threads on the topic. The blog does get created.

The issue I'm having is with folks from outside signing up for blogs.

5. topherrosado
    Posted 17 years ago #

By using wp-signup.php

6. manboo
    Posted 17 years ago #

my site had this same problem,

after registered fromwp-signup.php, it just didn't creat the mysql tables...

so, errors will be :

It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php.

7. manboo
    Posted 17 years ago #

and, if you click install.php to install,

the url will turn into a loop:

to: http:://yourdomain/wp-admin/wp-admin/install.php
    and then: http:://yourdomain/wp-admin/wp-admin/wp-admin/install.php

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just noticed that my error logs are filled with /wp-register.php calls. I'm wondering if we have a misnamed file yet again.

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Issue still exists. Getting a "Blog Object failed to complete activation." error in my error log. A search for that error doesn't turn anything up though.

I go through the entire process (ie sign up, get the email, click on the link) and stops within the wp-activate.php file. last line kicked out is the:

</style>

The next line is the checking of the key within the URL.

Any ideas?

10. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not a clue. Mine works fine. :(

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Silly question but how many characters are supposed to be in that key within the "Click on me to confirm" email?

edit: The annoying part if that error message is not listed in the code anywhere.

12. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Solved it on my end. It was that avatar plugin. Deleted it and everything's fine now.

Of course we don't have avatars....

13. manboo
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike,

what do you mean? my site doesn't have this avatar plugin,

new users still can't register a blog,because the mysql tables won't create.

14. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Have you installed any new plugins recently? You may want to try turning them off to see if it works then.

15. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I stand corrected. Still broken.

16. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Upgrading to 1.2.1 appears to have fixed the issue. I'm no longer getting signup issues and the spammers now on my WPMu install are happy once again.

17. manboo
    Posted 17 years ago #

hello drmike,

My site still has this problem, already update to 1.2.1

dreamhost

PHP: 5.2.1
    MySQL: 5.0.16

18. skcsknathan001
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have this issue as well.
    Any good news?
    Is ticket created for this?

19. skcsknathan001
    Posted 16 years ago #

Okey I think the update on wpmu-functions.php file is what causing this. So I reverted back to an older build and the problem is not happening.

I reverted back to build r910.

20. hueznar
    Posted 16 years ago #

Please HELP!.

I updated wpmu from 1.0 to 1.2.3 and I'm having same trouble as you. When someone tries to register a blog, the same error appears: "It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php".
    I'm desesperately because tried to reinstall previous versions but not luck :( I tried all I read from you but don't work.

What can I do??

-I updated from 1.0.0 to 1.2.3
    -I checked .htacess and all is ok
    -I ran the upgrade tool from administration several times
    -wp-config.php is ok and I uploaded right files.

What else can I do? :(

21. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've just checked my install (wordpress-mu-1.2.3-2.2.1) and I've not got the problem...

22. anabelle
    Posted 16 years ago #

im having this same problem, users get the activation email but after clicking the activate link they get: It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet.

I haven't installed anything new, what cani do?

please help

23. anabelle
    Posted 16 years ago #

all i find in my server's error logs is this:

[Thu Jul 12 10:44:39 2007] [error] [client 201.244.235.xxx] Premature end of script headers: /home/gathacol/public_html/wp-activate.php

24. anabelle
    Posted 16 years ago #

I logged in to the siteadmin and tried to delete all the blogs created for testing, and i got a long list of errors like:

WordPress database error: [Table 'gathacol_nublogs.wp_105_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_105_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_105_user_roles' LIMIT 1

WordPress database error: [Table 'gathacol_nublogs.wp_105_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_105_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_105_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_105_options WHERE option_name = 'post_count' LIMIT 1

WordPress database error: [Table 'gathacol_nublogs.wp_106_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_106_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_106_user_roles' LIMIT 1

WordPress database error: [Table 'gathacol_nublogs.wp_106_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_106_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_106_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_106_options WHERE option_name = 'post_count' LIMIT 1

And so on with each blog.

At the end of the page it says:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gathacol/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:135) in /home/gathacol/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 334

Does this help in anything?

25. anabelle
    Posted 16 years ago #

Please can somebody help?

26. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

What version of wpmu are you using?

Can you provide a link to your wpmu install?

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/wiki/DebuggingWpmu

27. anabelle
    Posted 16 years ago #

im using 1.2.3 downloaded yesterday, now im really scared, my home page displays an error 500 but other blogs keep working, also i am now getting AN AWFUL LOT of core dump files everywhere. (in the root directory and in /wp-content/plugins/)

I downloaded and installed again, removed all plugins and mu-plugins and i can't create new blogs.

my installation is at gathacol.net an example blog is radioblog.gathacol.net

28. anabelle
    Posted 16 years ago #

Could this be a problem in the database's tables? something like a new table created by a plugin that don't let MU create new blogs?

or this just isnt possible?

29. djweb
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a similar problem.
    I installed MU 1.2.3 in the folder /blogs/ when new users creation its Blogs everything seems OK, (create de User register, the activation email is sent)

However: blog is not create, for example:

if TESTE blog was created, then blog does not exist or it cannot be had access in:

http://dotthost.com.br/blogs/TESTE/

Somebody has the solution?

Sorry my English I use Altavista Translator.

30. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gathacol/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:135) in /home/gathacol/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 334"

This means there is whitespace at the end of those files. Edit them and scroll to the very bottom and make sure that there is NOTHING after the last ?>
    That should clear some errors anyway.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by topherrosado
  • Latest reply from andrea_r