The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU Plugin editor is disabled? (6 posts)

1. joseph21
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have the wpmu 1.1.1 currently being tested in my local computer. I've encountered a problem that plugin editor is disabled. Do we still have to activate them?

Another thing is, the plugin doesn't work when I placed the plugins into the mu-plugin/ directory. But it will work placing them on the plugin/ directory. weird..

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

search the forums, not all plugins work from mu-plugins folder, and they will for sure not work if placed inside a subdolfer of mu-plugins...

the plugin editor is disabled due to security, if you enable it any admin user can edit your plugins, you might not want that.

3. joseph21
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks. I did search the forums all the time before posting.. I just can't find the topics easily in here compared to that of SMF forum.

I'm planning to use the adsense plugin, how am I suppose to change the adsense pub code?

I used the plugin "Google Adsense Widget" http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/WordPress_Widgets for my wpmu 1.1.1

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Most plugins are still going to be placed in the plugins directory, and activated by the end user as "normal".

Mu-plugins is for "special" plugins that must be loaded for every user, on every page click. 99% of the plugins you may use won't need this, and their use should be left to the discretion of the end user.

As for the plugin editor being disabled. Yes, it is. Think about it. You're in a multi-user environment now, and everybody uses the same themes and plugins. Allowing them to be edited would be a HUGE security hole.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"I'm planning to use the adsense plugin, how am I suppose to change the adsense pub code?"

If you have to change code *within* a plugin, do that before you upload it to your site, or with your site's file manager. NOT thru MU because of aforementioned security risk.

6. cbmoocow
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have a couple of plugins I want to setup. There is only one admin who will have access, everyone else is a contributor and won't have access.

Can someone tell me how to activate the plugin editor?

I agree its a risk but the build is exploratory, so I'll reinstall a few times if necessary.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by joseph21
  • Latest reply from cbmoocow