The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Looking For A Collection Of Themes with screenshot.png included (54 posts)

1. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are those the only themes listed or are they all "missing"?

I'll take a look at the themes you mentioned and see if what' wrong. Sorry for the trouble :(

2. jlongland
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi Andrew,

No worries, thank you for putting something like this together. To answer your question, unfortunately they're the only ones listed :(

Jeff

3. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm, i'll dig through the themes in the morning. It's 2:13AM here so i'm off to bed for the night. Again, sorry for the trouble. Check back tomorrow evening and there should be a new file to download. :)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

If you need a hand, let me know, as I recognize the names as ones I worked on.
    (dunno off hand what it could be other than maybe something missing at the top of the stylesheet maybe)

5. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I glanced over the themes last night and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I'm going to make lunch and i'll sit down and go through them line by line if need be.

What would be a BIG help though is if someone could test these themes. Those are themes that individual people have sent in. I also still have a group of about 90 themes that i need to add widget support to. When all is said and done I believe there will be about 200 themes in total.

6. jlongland
    Posted 17 years ago #

Disregard my previous message - I hadn't enabled the themes. I still get errors about the 5 or 6 missing templates but the rest are working. Sorry!

7. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Testing some themes now. Hope to get back to you andrew.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

In the untested, there's one there caled "Borderline Chaos". It does not respond well to Widgets, due to each sidebar box being a different color.
    Also, since it has a slightly different sidebar markup, the pages and links call spew out incorrectly (because they assume it will be in a < ul > sidebar and it is not).

Can you tell I alreasy struggled with this one? :D

9. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi! Where did you install the Widgets plug-in? Into tu mu-plugins folder or into the plugins folder so that users need to activate it themself?

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I stuck it in MU. Less confusing for users (depening on target audience). The templates should work either way though.

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Andrew and everybody else with this issue, please see this thread. I just tried removing the Template line out of the style.css file for the Zen-Min theme and it now works fine.

I'll drop Andrew an email as well to make sure he sees this.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

12. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for catching that :)

I'll update the theme pack when I get home this evening.

13. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

andrew did you get my mail for WhiteAsMilk and Amsterdam earlier this week?

14. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike - thatnks for catching that. I figured that's what it was, as those template were really old ones that were (I think) originally made for WP 1.2, which used the templating system.
    I just hadn't had a chance to go look. :)

15. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not a problem.

I wish I had taken notes as I had to fix a few things on some of the themes as I installed them.

16. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

samchng,

I never recieved an email. My address is andrew(a@]idtstudios.com. Sorry for the trouble :(

17. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ops I mailed it to the themes@wpmudev.org address you mentioned earlier. Haha! Will send again.

18. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

hmm, I should have recieved it then. Something must be off with that email account.

19. SactoEric
    Posted 17 years ago #

awesome! I just added a bunch of those themes, but some didn't work - it said they were missing files, but it could have been that a file or two didn't make it in the upload. I should try drmike's suggestion in the other thread (zip, upload, unzip)... Thanks everyone!

Now I'm going theme crazy, but I need to remind myself that I should just get it ready so I can take the site live & then I can add more themes later :)

20. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sacto, see a couple lines up for a solution.

Andrew, Anarchy is updated to 1.2 but still does not include working Widget support nor a screenshot. The version you have in there does include a screen shot though. Go figure.

21. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just a note on widgets, as we combed over the code when trying to get them to display right on a theme were did.

The call for Links and Pages dont follow the smae markup as the other usual sidebar calls. In the widget code itself, it is commented in there that it will *only* work for sidebars that use the #1 standard markup, and not the sidebar markup in the second example (or any other) right on the widgets page.

Now from looking it over, we understand that in the Pages it may have been done that way to make a vertical nav bar from it easier, but what we did was actually change a bit of the wdigets plugin to get it to work right.

I need to test it on other themes though.

Sure, the themes that have this problem could change their sidebar markup to fit, but for some it would be a huge overhaul and you'd possibly lose design elements. The widgets plugin itself can handle it, it's just the two built-in calls that don't follow the same logic as the other sidebar thingys, which has been noted before in WP forums.

22. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

andrew here was the abstract of my test on two themes,

I tested Amsterdam and Whiteasmilk for a start today.

Whiteasmilk didn't have "Sidebar Widget" in the Presentation tab in admin area.
    View site didn't show any sidebar.

Amsterdam had a sidebar, but adding a Search created problems. It had this error
    on at the top of the text "Search:"

function widget_mytheme_blogroll() { ?>

Don't know what's wrong. It also displayed two search boxes.

23. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

The call for Links and Pages dont follow the smae markup as the other usual sidebar calls. In the widget code itself, it is commented in there that it will *only* work for sidebars that use the #1 standard markup, and not the sidebar markup in the second example (or any other) right on the widgets page.

You have to mess with what you put into the functions.php file usually to get this to match. You can't always do it 100% of the time. The Anarchy theme was a pain but I think it's pretty close. (The sizes are off a bit and Blogroll is mucked up as well)

Anarchy without Widgets

Anarchy with Widgets

24. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"You have to mess with what you put into the functions.php file usually to get this to match. You can't always do it 100% of the time."

I did. My explanations above was for the theme were that doesn't work. The problem is in the coding for the pages and links (the Blogroll you mentioned) tags themselves. It's been a known issue in WP for a while.

About this Topic