The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

IE7 and Widgets (5 posts)

1. JMF
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just checked my new-ish setup in IE7, and it looks like some of the widget javascript breaks -- you can drag&drop just fine, but when you click a widget's icon to edit its parameters (I'm not sure of the terminology...it fires off the script that dims the page and overlays the box to input titles, etc.), nothing happens.

This is a bad thing. :P

Is this a known issue? I couldn't find anything on the forum about it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Not a good searcher? Help?

Thanks!
    Jeff.

2. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

try upgrading to the latest widget code.

3. JMF
    Posted 17 years ago #

You mean just widgets.php? I've got version 1.2.1.20070210b, which seems to be the same one that's in the repository at automattic...

Is that right? Something else I should look at?

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

yes thats what he meant. what you were describing was a known issue with an older widgets version... it might help you too, but if you already have the newest version, I dunno :-(

5. JMF
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok, ok. I think I've narrowed this down, though there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I was wrong that the widget config overlays do NOT appear, they DO, though after a seeming random number of clicks (1, 2, or 3, max) on the widget's 'edit' icon.

The page does show an error -- Draggables.drags[...].element.id is null or not an object (Line 389 widgets.php)

Would that be related? Anyone else have to 'multiple click' in IE to edit widget information?

About this Topic