The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Forgot my admin password (7 posts)

1. MrShlee
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey, I have lost my password for the admin..

wordpress doesn't seem to use standard MD5 hashes :(

How can I reset the password using PHPMYADMIN

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

3. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi, I have the same problem, but I did not forget my PASS! MU itself does not want to let me in. I tried from PHPmyAdmin and did not work too!!! any other ideas?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not without mre info, because then it'd just be a stab in the dark.

5. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

I had blog working for months, till I was kepy out because of the password!! yes, I as Admin can not log in to my account, others (users) can do it as usual. I tried several ways as is in the forum, but was not successful.

6. digiC
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well if it doesnt use normal md5,

1)then create a blog then it will give you a random pass (well say its ghvts').

2)You then go into phpMyAdmin and find the 2 hashes and make the both the hash of 'ghvts' you'll be able to tell from the other row info which is which.

3) log in using the original sub blog pass ('ghvts') then change your password properly.

7. tohave
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,
    I have made a stupid mistake I think!!!
    As I remembered, I was tring to prevent spamers from being registered and somehow I registered a blog for my self to test it!!! however the system accepted my new detail as for ADMIN, it was the problem I think.

Now every thing is working and nothing is wrong then.

Thank you for everyone's advise and help. I hope this note help people who have the same problem after registering a new blog for themeselves in their site.

About this Topic