The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Kudos to MU (10 posts)

1. e4God
    Posted 16 years ago #

Kudos to MU team!

I tried to use early versions of Wordpress Mu a year or two ago... It just was not ready for prime time...

The new version is a breeze to install and configure.

If I ever said anything sharp to Donncha or cru - I'm sorry.

MU Now Rocks... Thanx for staying with it and making it better!

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey e4God.. thanks for trying it again :) you're one of the old skool guys!

3. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

i'm relatively a baby here. i came from a Joomla. i needed a multi-blog site and i wasnt sure the joomla extension would do the trick - no one would confirm or deny that it was useful. i couldnt find a single person running it. So i checked Mu out. Then things got tough - i.e. all the '<?php <><>< 'scared the hell out of me. i set up a test site on a personal server and i broke it everyday. i almost quit and went back to what i knew. i even looked into using a joomla front end. but months later, i'm glad that i stuck it out. now things are shaping up. my bloggers are all amazed at the options i've provided. if only they knew that i patrolled these forums like a shark in chummed waters... LOL. the MU sites i've come across are much more impressive than anything i ever saw in joomla or MT.

Mu is awesome.

4. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

I still use Joomla for several sites, and for what that CMS manages to do, I think it's amazing. Joomla is what I deploy for my corporate web clients.

But there is no doubting that WPMU for a community-based website is leaps and bounds ahead of Joomla, even with the bundled community builder extension. I find this community of thriving developers to be my cheif motivation in wanting to continue to embolden myself to push the thresholds of what I know. I never felt that way around the Joomla forums.

Hear, Hear, MU devs and forum lemmings: you all rock.

5. gumdrop
    Posted 16 years ago #

this lemming luv's it too. :-{}

6. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's always been ace in my book :)

7. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

<3 MU

..l.. to joom-blah... lol

8. gumdrop
    Posted 16 years ago #

lunabyte you break me up :-))

9. kimuraco
    Posted 16 years ago #

Demonicume mentioned that he integrated MU Wordpress with Joomla. Can any tell me where I can find out more information on how to do this with Joomla? This would be so incredible to get it working.

10. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm ask Demonicume or post in one of those threads where he discussed it.

About this Topic