The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Registration Email (5 posts)

1. peiqinglong
    Posted 17 years ago #

So I have WordPress Mu installed on an internal webserver. It is a Win2k3 Enterprise Server with Apache, MySQL, PHP, and Perl. What function/program is WordPress using to send out registration emails? Because when I signup for a new blog, the email that is supposed to be sent out with the password is never sent, which leads me to believe I need to configure something somewhere to allow email out. Thanks!

2. dandye
    Posted 17 years ago #

Last week, I spent an hour on this problem only to discover that my corporate firewall was blocking the outgoing mail.

Try sendmail at the command line to confirm that your mail is actually reaching the outside.

3. peiqinglong
    Posted 17 years ago #

Does WPMu use sendmail or PHPmailer?

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

The mail routein within PHP. PHPmailer is something different.

If you look through the wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php file, you should see four places where the system is using the server name to send email. You may want to change that to an actual email address. That usually helps.

5. awacht
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've been having trouble with this too. My install runs WPMU by way of OSX using MAMP, all self-contained, beautiful. The thing is, I only receive the registration email if it's within the domain, or a select few outside email address. I tried DRMIKE's suggestion but that didn't change the behavior at all. From what I can gather the email function seems to work, it just won't get outside the company domain. any suggestions?
    Thanks

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by peiqinglong
  • Latest reply from awacht