The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

SpiritCrossing.com (4 posts)

1. wcardinal
    Posted 17 years ago #

whew- I just put my first WMPU site live...

http://spiritcrossing.com

This is a site that I have run for a while, but MU seemed like a more manageable way to allow the site to grow on it's own.

I have incorporated quite a few plugins (thnx plugin developers!) including a modified version of ah-recent-posts-mu and global-cats. We modified recent-posts to break out the "post of the moment", "recent posts" and "previous posts" so that they could all have their own html and parameters.

We wrestled with global-cats to try to get clean urls for my global category listings, but "/category/?c=the-cat-name" is all I could get to work. "category" is the page name that I assigned the template "cats.php". To me, this is such an easier way to create global categories than using one blog as an aggregator. BUT - Is there any way to get clean urls for the category pages doing it this way???

thnx,
    Warren

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

What are you using to run global categories? There's really not an internal method to do them. You may want to search for sitewide tags here in teh forums for a couple different solutions.

3. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

great site, could you let us in on a couple of your mods?
    i'm not looking to bite your site. but there are some things i wanna try and you seem to have already done them.

4. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Very nice!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by wcardinal
  • Latest reply from Farms2