The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

.htaccess and images mistery (14 posts)

1. zox
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Does this long delay means that .htaccess is mistery even for developers? Seems so.

2. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Did you try this?

3. zox
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've tried this and it doesn't work. And I'm not sure what's the point of that change, since it basically extends patern behind the first slash but that's not the problem. Obviouslly we will have to wait for main developers to resolve this issue and that might take few weeks or even months.

4. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Well WPMU is open source so you could always have a go at fixing it yourself seeing how it is so important to you.

5. zox
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Yes it is open source but it's also very sloppy at this level of development. It easier to develop your own multi blog system based on wordpress than to hunt all bugs which are obviously present in current version.

So I just want to warn people that it's better to look elsewhere until this system is fully tested and until it reaches stable release.

6. zox
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've spent a week or more of my time and gave up, at this point.

7. techwench
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I would love to see you develop a new multiuser platform.

Let me know how you work out .htaccess issues on your platform, will you?

I will be the first in line to beta test.

Oh wait...you probably won't need beta testers for your platform, will you?

Seeing as how your standards are set so high, unstable release versions labeled as such aren't good enough for you, you'll have worked out every single bug before releasing it, right?

8. sskhalsa
    Posted 18 years ago #

the guy just sounds a bit irked and frustrated
    no need to mock him

9. zox
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Of course I'm irked and frustrated. That's because I spent so much time playing around with this buggy code. I just want to let people know that it's far from stable code at this level od production. I'm not saying it won't be stable once but we will have to wait.

10. Totto
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

why not instead of waiting try working on it?! hey, this is a support forum, not a place to run your bad mood out because of the bad day or the problems of life. try to imagine yourself at the place of the developers, how would you be able to motivate yourself working when you're attacked and offended this way every day?
    never forget it's an open source project that people are working on in their spare time, so there's no really spare time for them.

11. zox
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Well, I offend nobody. I understand that it's open source and understand that developer is working at his will. But I would like to warn users that this is not fully working version so they won't waste their time. Of course if they have enough free time they could try to hack something out.

12. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

That is something that people using WPMU need to understand, it is a whole different ball game than single user Wordpress is, think of single user Wordpress being baseball and WPMU being test match cricket. :P

At this stage of the game as well WPMU is undergoing active development, which can be demonstrated by the nightly builds that are being built and recommended for use. There is no single stable point release yet that is recommended for use so that is a bit of a hint.

Basically with WPMU there will always be a level of responsibility and server administration skills required along with some PHP hacking here and there possibly with having to jump into MySQL to fix something as well.

So I don't think you will ever see WPMU as an option in Fantastico or any of the other installation wizards out there.

13. zox
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I beleive that you're wrong. WPMU will have nice installation routine in a stable version. My fear is that WPMU will never reach stable version. And that's very bad scenario.

14. sskhalsa
    Posted 18 years ago #

i believe there is a category, created by the developers, which DOES allow criticism...

Requests and Feedback � Feature requests; criticism.

About this Topic