The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Trying to figure this one out (3 posts)

1. peiqinglong
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not sure if it has been posted before, couldn't find anything with various search strings.

I want to make it so that whenever someone on any of the child blogs makes a post and selects a certain category, it will appear on the parent blog and anyone who makes a post on the parent blog will continue to show on the parent blog.

What's the string or code do I use to do this?

Thanks!

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

the only thing that comes to mind is to use an rss aggregator on the parent (main) blog...

you might do a search here for rss aggregator, or search for a post by deltakid (he posted a hack for sitewide tagging) or look out for another post by drmike describing another method of sitewide tagging as I think if you read through those post, you might get a better idea what you want and how to do it and you might be able to ask more specific questions here...

3. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

youre looking for global cats. just search for 'global cats' or 'sitewide tags'. i'm dissatisfied with either of the solutions, but as i dont have the knowledge to fix it myself, i gotta accept it.

good luck

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by peiqinglong
  • Latest reply from demonicume