The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1 2 3

[sticky] Multiple Site Tagging system (66 posts)

1. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm thinking of starting a multiple site tagging system with mutliple WPMu installs and maybe regular wordpress as well. No requirements would be required except for giving me permission to grab your WPMuFeed. Advertsiting (ie Google) would probably be in place but I'm big on not going overboard with it.

Input?

2. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

if you help me fix sitewide feed to work with subdirs, my feed is all yours. i'm using wpmu-rss and its great, but less than optimal.

would this be similar to those sites that collect feeds from hundreds of places? something that i could sign up for and then put a badge on my site?

more info please.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

would this be similar to those sites that collect feeds from hundreds of places?

That's basically what I'm thinking of. Something like wp.com's tagging system but pulling the feed from WPMu sites. Nothing to sign up for. I would just drop in the WPMuFeed URL into the system on this end. You would be free to link to it in what way you want.

I remembered I have to put the links to our own tagging system this morning. Thats what got me thinking about it.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Drop me a line, Doc.

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can't remember how to contact you.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

luke at my domain up there. ;)

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Done. :)

(Actually did have that email address in my address book.)

8. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

I would supply my feed gladly but it's in Mongolian language and not a valid RSS, so I doubt it will be useful.

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Running it through Feedburner first might help. :)

10. SAFFLEUR
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd be glad to let you snag the feed, once it works for subdirectories instead of subdomains :) Will keep a bookmark on this thread for future reference.

11. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Have you seen the discussing in this thread:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3995

12. justinleatherbury
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm game. Although the blogs on our server are going to be very specific to our site and services. Let me know what I can do. Email my username here at the mail service offered by google and you will find me.

13. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm game.

14. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

See Doc, and you thought there wasn't any interest. ;)

I'm still up to help, if you'd like to reconsider.

15. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

ANyone have a suggestion on a domain name?

I'm thinking wordpressfeeds.com maybe if it's not been taken.

16. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Or wpmufeeds.com

17. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Any other suggestions?

Anyone care to step up and offer a domain registration? (I'm already broke for the month)

18. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Done.

Drop me a line to pass the info, and narrow down a name. I'd throw up my suggestions, but wouldn't it be our luck someone registers it...

lol

19. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Another thing that comes to mind is is this going to be wpmu installs only or any wordpress feed?

I'm leaning towards only wpmu feeds.

20. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

MU only?

We're special like that. :D

21. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

mutags has been suggested. I kind of like that one as well.

Pity we can't get a picture of a cow with the circle w on the side of it. :)

22. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

you want a cartoon cow or something similar to the chic-fillet cows?

23. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anyone got an opinion on that? I don't.

24. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

IMHO, I'd think you'd want to keep to something pretty clean and simple. Something that doesn't take a lot of images or more code than necessary to pull the theme together so that it eats as little bandwidth as possible.

But, that's just me.

25. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thnaks to Lunabyte chipping in for the domain, we now have http://mutags.net

if you would like to be included, please post the URL of your sitewide feed and I'll add it in. (Go ahead and bump it up for something like 100 or more posts if you want for the time being) Be sure to mention it to your clients, friends, victims, passerbyers on the street, your pimp, etc.

I'm still fine tuning the theme so bare with me.

Demon, now that I think about it, I'd like a cow. Make a chic-fillet one. Anyone got an old girlfriend that they don't care for we can name it after? We already named the smilely face over at wp.com Angie so that's out. ;)

26. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

If anyone would like to write a better About part then what I have, feel free. It's finals week here and I can't consentrate with all of the noise around me. :)

I'm off to the Other Site that Must Not Be Named to see what ideas I can borrow from them. :)

27. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

[link removed - drmike]

28. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

heh heh.

Not sure what plugin that you're using there to generate your feed but it's not escaping your quotes and gives me an error with every single quote. Hmmm....

My french is over a dozen years out of date. Where do you want me to link to and what's the name of your system?

It is in there though. Thanks. :)

29. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Cow: Clyta or Kitten. Don't ask, don't tell.

I'll email you my site-wide feed link. It's not published to deter them dirty content lifters.

30. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Good point. I'll go ahead and remove the links as I go.

1 2 3

About this Topic