The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

idea for improvement - what do you think of it? (5 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

hello,

as my wpmu users are users who do not know much about wordpress, even less about its plugins, I thought it might be a great idea for the admin to be able to change the plugins description inside wpmu.

why? to be able to explain exactly what the plugin does and how to use it. I find that I myself very often have to click o nthe link to a certain plugins homepage to reread how to use it... and I remember there was a plugin for wp that let admins change this (not really change, more like overly your own description over the original)

what do you think and where could I suggest this?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

We do that over at daria.be. It's just a matter of editing the plugin description within the plugin file. I'm planning on going back through and add in links to the documentation when I get that written.

3. aacar
    Posted 17 years ago #

hmm. tutorials to plugins on a support blog might do the trick, too. thats what we do

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

yes, right, both solutions are viable but I really remember having seen a plugin where I coudl edit the description from the wp backend, if I did not edit it, the default descriptiion from the plugin file was displayed...

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Viper's plugins used plugin is probably what you're thinking. IIRC, it has issues with WPMu though.

Just edit the file. Takes 2 seconds. :)

About this Topic