The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

upgrade 1.2.1 turns some blogs into home.php (5 posts)

1. djsteve
    Posted 17 years ago #

I noticed this on both of my MU upgrades.. a few of the blogs do not show the blog anymore, instead they show what I have as home.php for the home page of the site.. I did a little checking, and the one blog is using default as the theme, yet when you go to http://allpagenorth.adultwordpress.com/ it just shows up like my MU custom home page.

This blog is obviously made by a spammer, and will soon be deleted, but I am leaving it for a few days so we can troubleshoot this issue.

Looking into the the blog, it appears to have no posts, just the original hello world and default comment. Not sure if this has anything to do with the other blogs using default working fine.

I did a search to see if this ha been brought up already, but searching for terms like "upgrade home.php front page" obviously bring up a ton of unrelated stuff. I apologize in advance if this has already been been discussed, I did go through several forum pages looking for it.

I also just noticed that a blog that was using the Anthurium Mix theme no longer shows the theme, just plain text on that blog.. is there a list or wiki list somwhere that has been / we could set up to point out the themes / plugs, etc.. that no longer work with current and future MU upgrades?

Much appreciation to the entire wordpress team and community BTW!

Steve

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Did you run the upgrade script at Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Upgrade?

You also need to revisit the Site Admin -> Themes page and resave them.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

3. djsteve
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes I ran the upgrade... wonder if it would hurt to hit that again..

I went to the themes admin and clicked update options, as all were already checked as being active.. and the anthirium theme still does not work.

I'd like to suggest adding some info on the MU download page about upgrading.

4. djsteve
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well I guess I am going to delete this blog, I hope someone has at least taken notice that after the upgrade there was this issue. As far as I can tell it is only with the default theme that has not had any posts added to it.

The strange thing to me, is that when you go the individual blog, it has all of the elements of the home page for the mu site, but the "site news" displays recent posts for the individual blog.

I am only mentioning this so it can help future builds or issues.. I wish I knew how to submit a ticket to descrive the erratic behaviour.

5. djsteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just had someone else sign up for another blog that is showing up as the MU home.php page...http://hotbacknorth.adultwordpress.com/ it sppears to be spam and therefore will be deleted soon.

From what I can tell, this blog was just created (not the victim of being created pre-1.2 upgrade).

Even stranger: It seems that the origanl hello world post is accredited to the blog name as author, but the subsequent three posts are all attributed to another author who is in the system (and has been since we first started).. Something very strange is going on here..

It's the default theme and I am confused why it does not happene with every newly created blog.

Have I been hacked? Is this a bug issue? IS this being created with some kind of autoscript that is wrecking havock?

About this Topic