The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Overloaded (5 posts)

1. Lal
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is a more webhosting related issue. I do not know what exactly might be the problem. But i hope this is something that is also related to Wordpress MU. I am on a shared hosting with certain limits (not the bandwidth or space). I have more than I need for that (170 GB space with 2000 GB bandwidth). But there is a limitation in the CPU time and MySQL conqueries. CPU limit is 16mins / daily and MySQL conqueries is 256K / daily. I have around 80-100 bloggers/users in my MU powered site. Does anybody know how to effectively solve this problem? A VPS or Dedicated servers will solve the problem. But then there is a money constrain for that again. I wonder if anybody else has faced the same problem and could find a solution? Maybe if somebody share their own experiences in that context, it might be helpful.. suggestions?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Move hosts. No real magic way to get around it, and putting "band-aid's" on the code (which it doesn't need) isn't going to do anything but cause problems down the road.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I concur. If they're throttling you that much on sql connections and memory limits, it's not a good sign.

4. Lal
    Posted 16 years ago #

*sign* I think I better start eying a VPS then.

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

170 gigs of file space? I'd lean more towards a server.

About this Topic