The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Anarchy Media Plugin vs IE (6 posts)

1. alexz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Every blog (in my MU installation) that an IE browser visits asks the visitors to accept Quicktime. I'm very sure of that users scared of to accept the plugin because the browser ask that "you should trust this site".

So, I have two suggestions for my personal use:

1) How do I deactivate Quicktime?

2) How do I make that ALL IE browsers do not care?

2. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

quicktime is globally recognized. being scared of quick time is like being scared of an Ipod. you should prolly explain the ubiquity of quicktime to you users. i dislike QT - but when we do?

3. alexz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, I love QT but still want to disable it. Even if it is globally recognized. My visitors should not accept it every time they go to any of my mu blogs.

4. alexz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Maybe the coder should follow this example?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordtube/

"And I integrate in the header the SWFobject script to prevent the annoying "click here to activate" message (for the Internet Explorer) when you use the Flash player."

5. zeug
    Posted 16 years ago #

AMP includes SWFObject which has nothing to do with QT ... cos it loads swf's.

The problem you're experiencing probably comes via the anarchy.js QT detection script, although I had thought the annoying activation message was IE7 only due to it's new security measures. Try the latest AMP 2.0 beta and see if that stops it.

6. zaphraud
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anarchy Media insisted on loading something, at the time we believed it was a codec, from Quicktime when a friend of mine visited a site that contained nothing other than an FLV file (which it had already previously played, so wasn't that file) and an AVI file produced by a camera.

At the time we were thinking the AVI used an Apple codec, or that something in the QuickTime on that system at least knew it could get a codec from Apple to play the video.

About this Topic