The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Error: SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM (4 posts)

1. nagusirimalla
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi...
    I am getting SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM Error in sidebar. My Blogroll is not shown. How can i solve this bug?

I am getting below message in my blog.

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1]
    SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM

Code is:

<?php
    $link_cats = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT cat_id, cat_name FROM $wpdb->linkcategories");
    foreach ($link_cats as $link_cat) {
    ?>
    <div class="widget_style" id="links_with_style">
    <div class="cats_head">
    <h2 class="h3">cat_name; ?>
    </div>

<?php get_links($link_cat->cat_id, '', '', '
      ', FALSE, 'rand', TRUE,
      TRUE, -1, TRUE); ?>

</div>
    <?php } ?>

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

You're using a 2.0 theme on a 2.1+ install. get_links no longer works. You may want to contact the theme designer and see if there's an upgrade. Here's a link to the template tags so you can see what's been removed and what's still current.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

3. nagusirimalla
    Posted 16 years ago #

I bought this my blog theme from Template Monester. So what should i do? Can you suggest the solution.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'd complaint to Template Monster as their theme is not up to date. Either that or edit and fix the theme yourself.

I would mention using it on a Mu install though as that's probably against their agreement as they may conside that reselling or reoffering the theme.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by nagusirimalla
  • Latest reply from drmike