The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Cant load site after changing to pupling theme (3 posts)

1. mixle
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

My site was working ok, untill I tried chaging to a certain theme Pupling, When I go to my mainpage I now get the message

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_recent_comments() (previously declared in /home/uk2uonli/public_html/wp-content/themes/purpling-10/functions.php:11) in /home/uk2uonli/public_html/wp-content/themes/purpling-10/functions.php on line 11

See here http://uk2uonline.info/

How can I get my main page back.
    That is without reinstalling every thing.

All the other themes I tried work ok, and my subdomains are ok can still get those up.

Any help appreciated as I dont want to have to reinstall database and MU.

2. mixle
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

If anybody else gets the same problem with any theme,go into whatever folder your themes are in on your pc find purplin_10
    Keep the theme name the same then delete everything thats in pupling_10.
    next step open up a theme that you know works and copy everything out of the working theme into your empty pupling_10 theme.

then delete the pupling_10 theme in / public_html / wp-content / themes / in your cpanel and then upload the pupling_10 theme ( the one you changed on your pc)
    Then just ftp the folder to the theme folder. it works
    Thats how I got round the above problem

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually all you had to do was remove the get_recent_comments() function out of the theme's function.php file. It's used elsewhere. The theme designer probably hard coded it in there.

Either that or rename it and the call for it to something else. pupling_get_recent_comments for example. That's what they do over at wp.com.

About this Topic