The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Page Templates Not Working (7 posts)

1. mydietblogger
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi,

I am having trouble using the "Page Template" option when creating a page. Though I set it to "Comments" or "Archives" it changes back to "Default Template" after I click "Edit Page".

I am not sure how to proceed.

Thanks!

2. abhic
    Posted 17 years ago #

same here.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

That option is IF you have specific template in the theme you are using, for a specific kind of page.

Please see this for more info:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Page_Templates

4. abhic
    Posted 17 years ago #

thanks andrea_r

so basically guys the answer is add this to the top of any template you put into your themes folder.

<?php
    /*
    Template Name: List
    */
    ?>

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not any template, just a copy of the Pages template with any extra code you need to show.

For example, to show a Page that lists all blog on your system, in the theme folder of your choice (disable it so only you can use it) make a copy of page.php, assuming you want it to look the same.

Put that code at the top. Add in the middle, instead of The Loop (all that code that creates the posts) add the php call to the list all blog plugin.

Save it.

Go to the Write Page area. Tyep ina title, choose that template from the list on the right and (this is important) don't type any text in the post area. Save.

That should do it.

6. abhic
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yup thats what I did.
    Thank you though.

7. abhic
    Posted 17 years ago #

hey andrea_r
    i am in canada and setting up a blog network on a social cause that you might be interested in helping out for.

can you mail me at abhi1234 (at) hotmail dott com

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by mydietblogger
  • Latest reply from abhic