The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Pages not showing on multi-site install, posts do (9 posts)

1. Bisente
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi

I've done a multi site-install, basically:

- inserted a new domain "domain2" on wp_site
    - created a new blog
    - updated the site_id and domain on wp_blogs
    - in admin, replaced domain1 by domain2 on every entry
    - added by hand any missing line on wp_sitemeta for the new site_id

Now, on the "primary" domain (domain1) everything works. On the secondary (domain2) admin works: I can write both posts and pages, edit them, etc. But when I visit the site, posts show but pages redirect me to the wp-signup page (404).

And (best part comes now) if I create ON THE PRIMARY BLOG a page with the same name as one on the secondary, then the page on domain2 works! The actual page from domain2, I mean, the pages' content doesn't get mixed up. If I delete that page from domain1, it gives the 404 again on domain2.

So it seems like posts are working right but somehow page URIs get looked for only on domain1, despite the content is correctly pulled from domain2.

By the way, wp_ID2_postmeta looks right for pages (_wp_page_template=default).

Where should I look for? Anybody else is having this particular problem? Looks more like a code bug or something wrong on my DB?

Thanks

2. Bisente
    Posted 16 years ago #

BUMP?

Still couldn't get the pages to show on the secondary domain. By the way, I'm running the latest wpmu release (1.2.1).

Is this a known bug? Anybody else has this problem? Someone has a similar setup and the pages work, so that I can be sure the problem is just mine?

I can do any tests you may suggest, try patches, etc. I can even try to take a look at the code myself if anybody points me in the right direction. I'm quite new to WP and still get lost easily.

Thanks

3. quenting
    Posted 16 years ago #

not many people use MU across multiple domaines. I do myself but i have separte installs. I suggest you report this in trac.

4. Bisente
    Posted 16 years ago #

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

First I've seen of this thread. I'm seeing Pages fine. Blog's under my user name is site #2 or #3 on my install.

6. Bisente
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi drmike, thanks for the reply.

Any idea what can be wrong? Config on my side? Database? Where should I start looking at?

Is there any documentation on multi-site installs? Haven't found any so I've done all the multi-site config on my own. I think my config isn't completely wrong because the secondary site works. The whole wp-admin part works flawlessly, posts show, comments... only pages have this problem. But anyway I'd like to contarst it in case there're any docs about it.

7. danalog
    Posted 16 years ago #

8. Bisente
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think I've fixed it. Please test this patch:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/341#comment:2

9. danalog
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks, it works for me, although I am not using blogpostings on this install, just pages.

About this Topic