The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Next Release Of WPMU? (14 posts)

1. c0y0te
    Posted 16 years ago #

Can anyone let me know please when the next planned release of WPMU is and what it will contain?

I ask because I've encountered a number of issues trying to get the current version working and if the next release is soon I'll just wait for it and start my work then, rather then go through the grief now.

Thanks in advance

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Maybe a while as Donncha and his wife just had a kid. Someone care to link? I'm on my locked down term this morning.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Have you check through trac?
    http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/
    Some of your issues may have been fixed. The fixes go here unannounced, mostly because regulars know that's how it works. :)
    Changelog is here:
    http://blogs.linux.ie/download/wpmu/Changelog.txt
    last time was 03/13.
    Every night these chages are compiled into the nightly build. uh... my link is old. Someone wanna link to the nightlies for the OP?

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Um, the nightly packages were done away with. ;)

Granted, I still think it's a bummer.

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's been suggested to use SVN. Can't remember the address to pull it from though.

I'm on a roll with creating tickets though. Been getting a fair amount of coding done in the last few days.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

*sigh* go away for a month and I miss *everything*. :D

I just upgraded locally to 1.2.1. Any surpises I need to look for when I finish my custom tweaks and chages and then upgrade my live site?

(I should start a new thread maybe?)

7. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

The missing tables upon blog creation issue may have come back. We haven't had anyone I believe actually give decent feedback on the issue.

I made the reply in the wp.org forums of sending someone the neat theme and now my inbox is filled with requests for it.

I'm hating the global dashboard fix. I think that one was one of yours. ;)

Cache is currently broken for me but I think that was after 1.2.1.

The files being deleted issue for blog 1 has come back. was fixed but not sure where along to 1.2.1 it was addressed.

Hmm, most of that does seem to be after 1.2.1.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Doh, yeah that was just my suggestion. :D Why you have 1,000 users with no blog? Oh nevermind, I thought of soem situations. Hmmm, maybe there could be a check to see which blog they need to be added to or something. or an option in the backend.

Oh great on the other ones. Well, at least it's a shorter list than the one I have now.
    *weak smile*

9. steamedian
    Posted 16 years ago #

blockquote

The missing tables upon blog creation issue may have come back. We haven't had anyone I believe actually give decent feedback on the issue.

Cache is currently broken for me but I think that was after 1.2.1.

The files being deleted issue for blog 1 has come back. was fixed but not sure where along to 1.2.1 it was addressed.

blockquote

Any updates on these? I was beginning to wonder why it seemed that although the tickets were closed in Trac, they weren't implemented in 1.2.1?

10. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Many tickets not closed in trac. about 2 dozen actually. Although I;ve added 6 myself with the last week.

I know Donncha's aware of it as we did a checklist thread shortly before 1.2 got released. it was in there.

11. c0y0te
    Posted 16 years ago #

So - if some of these issues have been fixed in 'trac' - is there a link to download the latest combined build of WPMU including these fixes then?

c0y0te

12. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I politely point you to the mention of SVN further up and suggest that you do a search as I believe it was covered earlier on how to do it. :)

The SVN download is currently the only method we have to do a nightly download.

13. new-net
    Posted 16 years ago #

But how stable are the current wp-mu snapshots ..?
    I mean, are we close enough to a release to hope test an upgrade ?

14. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Probably not a new version number as there's a number of tickets but most of us here update as we go. We don't wait for the new version.

edit: Example of how I keep a running tab of upgrades.

About this Topic