The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Strange problems with most plug-ins! (6 posts)

1. rezilient
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi.

I've been having problems with various plugins and I realize they might all be related to something to do with my server configuration.

1) The Advanced Show/Hide plugin does not successfully "hide" the post, it shows the whole post and "Hide It" does nothing.

2) The Sidebar Editor admin looks strange and doesn't have the layout where you can expand the different sections. Also can't drag/drop to reorganize stuff. Settings do not have any effect on the sidebar of the blog.

3) The Image Uploader (on the write/post page) says "Click photos for more options" but this does nothing at all. I've seen other WPMU installs where it says "Delete, Cancel" when you click the picture.

Yes I have tried all the above with both IE6 and FireFox and I have successfully seen the above working on other peoples WPMU installations.

Is this a javascript or DHTML thing? Or the version of PHP that I'm using? I really have no clue..?

I am using the October 3rd snapshot of WPMU...

2. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Most plugins for Single User Wordpress won't work out of the box for WPMU and will require some modification to get running hence why you are having problems.

3. rezilient
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I see, but number 3 mentioned above is actually a default feature for WPMU yet it still does not show the Delete/Cancel thing like other hosts have it?? Did you alter the default WPMU for this to work correctly?

4. ballen
    Posted 18 years ago #

What build are you using. That functionality was just added around a week ago. (Maybe slightly more) It may be worth investing the time to update if you havn't done so in a while.

5. rezilient
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I am still using the October 3rd snapshot of WPMU...

Is there a way to upgrade without breaking all existing blogs??

6. techwench
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

You might want to upgrade to the latest nightly. The manage uploads just got added a little while ago...then it broke again...then Donncha fixed it a couple of days ago.

First, backup your database and files. Then read the changelog.txt and upload only the changed files since your install version.

Then, go to Site Admin >> Upgrade

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by rezilient
  • Latest reply from techwench