The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Dashboard displaying entire blog?? (9 posts)

1. jonimueller
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just did a fresh install of WPMU and it's pulling in the entire front page of the blog in several places. Why would this be?

Other than disabling the dashboard altogether, how can I prevent it from doing this and instead pull in what it us supposed to (incoming links, recent comments, recent posts, etc.)?

See screen dump below:

http://www.petdiaries.net/temp/wpmu-pdn-anomaly-dashboard.jpg

2. jonimueller
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is how I solved the problem temporarily:

// Disabled Dashboard because it was malfunctioning
    //$menu[0] = array(__('Dashboard'), 'read', 'index.php');

$menu[0] = array(__('Profile'), 'read', 'profile.php');

Now it displays the profile page instead of the dashboard. I tried a plugin found at the WP support forums, but it refused to install itself, citing a Fatal Error would occur. Now this is elegant code. In WP, it would have installed itself anyway and you'd be left with a borked site. Gah.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think we just talked about this a few days ago. It;'s because you deleted the posts out of your main blog. Since there's nothing there data wise, you;re getting 404 pages.

Make a post on blog 1 and those errors whould go away.

4. mohamednazmi
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's happening to my blog as well, after upgrading to 1.2.1. I've added a post to the main blog, but that hasn't solved the problem. My users seem to not be able to add new categories now as well, and I'm sure these two incidents are related. I figured earlier that it may be a problem with the cache, but I've disabled them and am still having the problems.

5. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

What are the URLs of the feeds that the system is trying to pull?

Have you hardcoded something in there or is it trying to pull technorati and the two planetwordpress feds like the original setup?

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

A quick signup and check of joni's site shows that it's a pair of 404 error messages that are being generated.

7. jonimueller
    Posted 16 years ago #

I managed to nuke those two instances of the blog's appearance by stripping a lot of stuff out of wp-admin/index.php.

I think when I deleted all references to dev news and planet news, things settled down.

Behold my bandaid: :)

http://www.petdiaries.net/temp/wpmu-pdn-anomaly-dashboard-bandaid.jpg

I shouldn't have to post something straightaway, tho, should I? Is that just a temporary fix?

8. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Do note the question up there about if you;ve modified those feed URLs.

Well if you stripped it out, you're not going to have those feeds of course.

I'm wondering why you're getting 404s though....

Can you ask your host if you can do a fopen command? I'm wondering if they have these feature locked down and mu can't pull a feed from offsite.

9. mohamednazmi
    Posted 16 years ago #

You mean index-extra.php, drmike? I have not modified any of the files since uploading them. Could it be a problem with the JavaScript/AJAX. Error logs from cPanel reveal nothing as well.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by jonimueller
  • Latest reply from mohamednazmi