The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Automattic stats (12 posts)

1. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thoughts: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stats/

I don't see why I wouldn't offer it - my users get to turn on Akismet if thy want and need an API for that.. and it's not like I'm trying to pretend wordpress.com doesn't exist :)

Will you be using it?

2. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK, posted that rather too quickly didn't I (i.e. before trying it myself).

I was kinda hoping that it'd import the stats into the blog - but instead you've gotta jump out of your existing blog, into your wordpress.com account, to see them.

So not really worth it - unless you don't like analytics / slimstats etc. - c'est la vie.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's on my desktop currently. I'm not replacing my current one as I have too much built around it but I guess I could add it in.

4. kingler
    Posted 16 years ago #

Google Analytics has API that you can fetch into the main blog, but I think SlimStat is good enough for normal users.

5. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

I use tantan noodles.

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Look, suleiman, what you do behind your closed bedroom door is your own business. You don't have to bring it up here. :)

7. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Daaaaammmmnnnn.... Doc made a funny. :D

8. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Gotta admit that I wonder about their stats. I seem to be getting a higher count over at daria.be than I ever did over at wp.com

9. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Do note by the way that the stats are not built into your blog. You have to go over at wp.com to see them.

10. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

very cool doc :)

11. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Darn, now here I was hoping suleiman was serving noodles at his many wedding receptions and was inviting all of us. ;)

12. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I realized on hte way in also that you're not going to be able to use a sitewide API for this plugin as it's tied into a single account. You would have to give out your wp.com username and login to everybody for them to see the stats.

You can use the pluging but they're still going to have to go over to wp.com to get the API.

Now this is where that poster complaining about unfairness of the spam options from a couple of days ago should be complaining about. :)

About this Topic