The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

emails to new blog notification (9 posts)

1. mixle
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

Here is something odd.
    I have a reseller account my MU is a domain on there.
    If I make an email address at blah@myhostingsite, then use MU to make a new blog using the email address blah.myhostingsite the new email verification is sent to that email address everything works fine,
    However if I use another email address on another of my sites on a different server the emails verification does not get received. if it works for one email address surely it should work for all of them, anybody any ideas.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes. Search the forum.

This has been discussed MANY times already.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Install the smtp plugin from over at http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com

4. mixle
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for reply, I installed php mailer but it does not seem to work, so I;ll delete that and try the smtp plugin thanks.
    I think since I started on mu which is only a few weeks ago I must of aged about a hundred years, I've spent hours looking through this forum, but I'' get there eventually.

5. mixle
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

Back to the drawing board I installed the smtp plugin in the mu plugin directory, whent to admin at my site and in the plugins it's there but it will not let me activate it, do I have to gave php mailer installed along with it, I haven't at the moment,any body any ideas as to where I'm going wrong.

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I believe the plugin needs to go into the mu-plugins subdirectory. I wouldn't be giving my users access to that one.

7. mixle
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for reply drmike, I have installed the smpt plugin in public.html/mu plugins/smpt_mail,
    I can see it in my admin panel when I go to activate it I get the message
    Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    I have got php_miler in the sam mu plugins .
    What am I doing wrong.but even if I delete php mailer I still get the error message when trying to activate the smpt_mail.

8. mixle
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

I installed smpt-mail but it will not activate in admin panel so I deleted it from the mu plugins folder but it is still in my plugin panel it wont activate and it wont deletr.
    So anyway I installed php-mailer in my plugins directory (not mu-plugin directory)
    and now I think things are advancing in the right direction.
    I can now set up a blog for users on yahoo mail and google mail and they receive the email notification.(tried and tested)
    But here's a strange thing. I have a site not on this server and done a test setup there and I didn't get the email notification so no blog set up.
    It is getting though to yahoo and google so why not my other site.(although in google it ended up in my spam box)
    any suggestions anybody please.

9. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

And the mail log says...

Assuming you're running linux, run a tail on the mail log, and watch what goes on while you try to register with that email address. (You'll probably have to delete it out of the user or signup table from the db first, if you haven't already.)

About this Topic