The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Redirected to cgi-system directory (7 posts)

1. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am using Dreamhost and for some reason, WPMU redirects the default install directory to cgi-system. I asked the host if they could turn off PHP as CGI, but that is not an option. Can someone help me out. I've done a search, but it looks like people magically had their problems resolved as the threads all seem to end without saying how they exactly fixed it.

2. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I ran across this, citing that PHP5 must be used, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to make this change on the control panel.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/WordPress_MU

So I've done a bit more research, and I've ended up more lost. =)

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Where did you install mu within your file structure?

Any errors in your webserver's error logs?

Answering those questions in the debuggin page that the dreamhost site links to would also help. You don't give us anything to go on.

4. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I thought I had posted a response already. Thanks for teh followup. Dreamhost uses PHP as CGI, and unless you select PHP5 from the control panel, it doesn't work. I had to also reinstall WordPress after I made the change.

5. ravijp
    Posted 16 years ago #

1. Select 5.x from your "Manage domains" > "Edit" link.
    2. Wait for about 10 minutes to make sure the changes are done.
    3. Delete all Mu tables from previous installation.
    4. Delete the wp-config.php file created earlier.
    5. Re-install.

Ravi
    http://www.RavisRants.com

6. Megalion
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the post ravijp, you made me realize that I had been assuming that my domain was already 5.x. I forgot that I set it up long enough ago that php 5 wasn't even out yet.

Sure enough a quick check of my domain panel showed it was still on a 4.x installation. Some clicks, wiping WPMU, and 10 minutes later I was logging into the admin. Problem solved.

7. exom
    Posted 15 years ago #

ravijp
    I registered here in order to thank you. By your help i solved my problem.
    Thank you.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by theotheragentm
  • Latest reply from exom