The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WYSIWYG Big Problem (7 posts)

1. manuelsechi
    Posted 16 years ago #

hello all
    in wordpress-mu, only for one user and one blog, WYSIWYG editor doesn't work.
    when page start loading i can see text in textarea, then where the page load the javascript for the editor the text is cancelled, i can't see any cursor on the textarea and i can write in it

and this just for one user, any other works fine

thanx for any idea to solve
    regards
    Manuel

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well the first thing I would do is find out what browser, browser version, os and security programs this user is running. If it's only one user having this issue, it;'s got to be something on their end.

And please don't shout (type in ALL CAPS). It's very rude here and elsewhere on the net. I edited the title of your post.

3. manuelsechi
    Posted 16 years ago #

sorry for shout, I really didn't want make deaf anyone ;)

well I have this problem just for one blog, the owner of the blog occours on his pc and I experienced on my pc using both explorer and firefox.

4. manuelsechi
    Posted 16 years ago #

more:
    editor doesn't switch between visual and code mode...
    I'm sure when the wysiwyg loads it cancel any text in the textarea...

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is it the same issues as this thread?
    http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=4633

6. manuelsechi
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't think it's the same problem... I notice that editor go broken when I change the user password, both if i change it in admin control panel, or in user control panel, or using the lost password panel

7. manuelsechi
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok found it!

when using a language file in /wp-includes/languages, tinymce cannot localize the correct language, and cause several javascript errors.

anyone can tell me how to localize the tinymce in the last version of WPMU? i tryed to download a language file from tinymce web site but it doesn't work, maybe couse the different version of the editor...

or I will give my users only a english backend...

regards
    Manuel

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by manuelsechi
  • Latest reply from manuelsechi