The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Limit File Upload Size Doesn't Work for Me? (5 posts)

1. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've installed a fresh version of mu and it seems to be working great. However, the "Blog upload space" and "Max upload file size" settings in Site Admin/Options don't seem to be working for me.

I want to disable file uploads on this site, so I put 0 in each of the settings, but I can still upload files. Then I went back and just put small values in each (thinking it just didn't like zeros). I set the following:

Blog Upload Space: 1 MB
    Max Upload File Size: 100 KB

But, I can still upload 2 MB images.

I checked the database and the settings are being stored there....just doesn't seem to be working.

I do have my server set to allow up to 20 meg uploads for other programs I use, but I don't see why this should have an impact on me setting lower limits in WPmu???

I've searched the forums and see questions about increasing the file upload past the 2MB that is pretty standard for most servers, but can't find anything related to my problem. I guess I could just hack out the file upload areas from the code, but don't want to do that unless it's necessary.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I do have my own dedicated, Linux server, but don't think this should require a change on the server??

Steve

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Are you uploading as the site admin or an enduser?

3. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks drmike...that was it. I thought I was testing as an enduser, but after reading your reply I went back and tested again. When I'm logged in as a normal user it works...I get a message stating that I have used up my upload quota.

I was just about to start hacking out the file upload areas when I read this...you saved me a lot of work. Thanks again.

Steve

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not a problem. :)

Gotta admit though that I'm cusious to know if that's the way it's suppose to be or not. Guess it is.

5. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yea...seems a bit strange. I just assumed the upload quota was tied to the blog upload directory and would be the same regardless of who was uploading...but my common sense is often not "common" :-)

Gotta say though, I've been playing with mu off and on for the past year and have just now got it to working the way I want it to work. I've been using "regular" WP for years...setting up hundreds of individual blogs for teachers, but I'm finally to the point of giving mu a try and reducing my workload tremendously.

This is a great piece of software...thanks to all who are developing it and making it available.

Steve

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by ekusteve
  • Latest reply from ekusteve