The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help with upgrading (5 posts)

1. kbeatt
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have just downloaded the 1.2.1 version of WPMU. I thought I did the upgrade properly, yet on just about every admin page I receive this error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function attribute_escape() in..." The file the error occurs is different for every task I am trying to accomplish. For example, if i am trying to write a post, it happens in the wp-post-new.php file. I had to downgrade my WPMU installation back to version 1.0 to make everything work correctly. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

2. mikeatkc
    Posted 16 years ago #

Did you follow the upgrade document below http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress
    It contains very detailed information. Don't forget to backup, backup, and backup your blogging directory and its database, etc.

I just went through the upgrade, just one minor issue, the welcome page doesn't display.

Regards,

-- Mike

3. kbeatt
    Posted 16 years ago #

When you do the upgrade, it says to disable all plugins. Does that mean all plugins on every blog or just the main blog? I have around 50 blogs so far and I don't want to disable plugins from every blog and then remember which ones I deactivated.

4. mikeatkc
    Posted 16 years ago #

I went into the main PLUGINS (plugin management) menu and deactivate the plugins. After the upgrade, you activate the plugins one-by-one and see if each plugin functions as it should.

Regards,

-- Mike

5. kbeatt
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the help. It seems deleting the files I was supposed to delete did the trick. Worked so well the WYSIWYG editor started working also.

About this Topic