The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Welcome page disappear (4 posts)

1. mikeatkc
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have successfully (sort of) upgraded WP MU 1.0 to 1.2.1. However, the post that was displayed on the welcome page has disappear (www.domain.com/blogs is now blank). The post is present under the "uncategorized" but it should be display on the "welcome" page as well.

Is there a function somewhere in the blogging menu to move the post to the welcome page? or some feature to indicate visiting http://www.domain.com/blogs --> go to this specific post?

Thank you.

Regards,

-- Mike

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Did you run the upgrade script seccessfully? Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Upgrade?

3. mikeatkc
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes, the upgrade script ran successfully (I think it just updated the database?) anyhow, there was no error. Currently, the welcome post is under "uncategorized" but if I can edit the main page .../blogs/ with a new post, that would be fine too.

However, I'm not certain how to do that, Site Admin -> Blogs -> Site Edit seems to edit the configuration for the site rather than the main/welcome screen.

Regards,

-- Mike

4. mikeatkc
    Posted 16 years ago #

I solved my problem. (Why is it the simplest thing is more complex to troubleshoot?)

Under the Site Admin --> Blogs --> edit the /blogs/ and change the Show On Front option from "page" to "posts." I'm not certain why the upgrade would change this configuration (if any). I referenced the settings between the production and the development/lab machine.

Regards,

-- Mike

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by mikeatkc
  • Latest reply from mikeatkc