The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Users added as Site Admin (7 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Fun issues today - I've been sporadically getting users added as extra Site Admins. This is obviously not good.
    I suspect it's realted to the new function to add user-only to the main admin blog, as it's not doing that either. :-/

One was a user who had a blog already, but it had been neglected for a few months. The day she logged in again, it added her as a site admin.

Another user signed up for a blog, it created both the user and the blog, but the user had no role on that blog and instead was added as a site admin.

Other blogs have been created in the same time frame with no issues. Anyone have any idea what's going on? or even where I can look?

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm not seeing this on my install.

3. jalien
    Posted 16 years ago #

I did some searching because I thought a related issue was discussed before, but can't find anything. I have a related problem, but I'm using the 1.2.1 release (no nightly updates). If I change a student's password in "Site Admin - Blogs - Edit - Blog Users" they get added to the admin blog; if I click the "edit" link which takes you to that blog's user backend and do the change there, then the user isn't added. From my way of thinking the user shouldn't be added in the first instance, it should be the same as the second. Just thought I'd mention this in case there might be some relation.

4. seanwedig
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think you're probably right; it's probably something new...?

I'm working with the 1.2.1 installation that's downloadable now (I think - I last updated... May 10th with the 'latest.zip', and the download page still advertises 1.2.1... so I'm assuming it's the same).

A cursory look through the code for the use of the 'site_admins' option found only one place where it was being updated... hm.

@andrea:
    Just for the sake of clarity - people being added are actually being added to the site_admins option? Are they being added as users to the main blog?

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just tried this with the latest code in SVN and editing a user in the main blog didn't add that user to the blog. Can you upgrade?

6. Farms2
    Posted 16 years ago #

A lot of us can't without some serious work :( If anyone can figure out a possible cause that'd rock.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have to get my site back first - then I'll come back & check.
    I had just upgraded to the latest download.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by andrea_r
  • Latest reply from andrea_r