The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Installation MYSQL DB Errors (7 posts)

1. tbwnet
    Posted 16 years ago #

everything was installed as per the instructions. the wildcard was set up and the httpd.conf was editted to add *.domain.tld (with the actual domain, of course). but when you try to set up an account the subdomain blog never works (cannot display page). and when you try to delete an account it gives you the errors

WordPress database error: [Table 'pjmblogs_wpmu.wp_2_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_2_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_2_user_roles' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_2_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_2_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_2_options WHERE option_name = 'post_count' LIMIT 1"

" WordPress database error: [Table 'pjmblogs_wpmu.wp_3_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_3_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_3_user_roles' LIMIT 1

WordPress database error: [Table 'pjmblogs_wpmu.wp_3_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_3_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_3_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl' LIMIT 1

SELECT option_value FROM wp_3_options WHERE option_name = 'post_count' LIMIT 1"

when i logged into phpadmin i had the WP_3 tables but no wp_2

i'm so.. confused

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

1) Please learn to use the search function stickied at the head of the forums. This a much discussed topic with an answer provided many many times over.

2) Make sure that you're included this fix:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/952

and running version 1.2.2.

3. kp2575
    Posted 16 years ago #

The problem is when you search you see different threads not knowing what is the correct answer because I have seen three different types of solutions for this.

I understand the frustration you feel drmike seeing the same questions over and over again. But from a new users standpoint it is hard to tell what is correct and what isn't at times.

4. kp2575
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is the missing themes screen tied in with this?

5. aloncarmel2k
    Posted 16 years ago #

I must ask this, is this fixed in the 1.2.3 version?

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Should be. Was the checkin right after the 1.2.1 upgrade as noted up above.

If for some reason you don't want to upgrade, follow the link I provide up there. It's a simple cut and paste.

7. aloncarmel2k
    Posted 16 years ago #

No i think i'll just update to 1.2.3, im using wpmu as a framework and ive been running on 1RC1 for too much time :) its bout time i upgrade.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by tbwnet
  • Latest reply from aloncarmel2k