The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blank page after changing theme (7 posts)

1. alexz
    Posted 16 years ago #

My host had recently issues today so it may be something at their side.

When my users try to change a theme it gets a blank page and nothing happens.

I have looked att my php error log but do not find anything about this issue.

Thank you

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anything in the page source when you look at the blog in question? (If that doesn't make sense, please provide a link to a blog so affected.)

Can you pop open the database for that blog and see if the stylesheet and (oh, I forget the name of it but it should be right beside the stylesheet record) options are populated correctly within the option table for that blog?

Have you done any upgrading lately? I ask because with the 1.2.1 upgrade, we have to visit the themes page and resave the available themes.

3. alexz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well before I look at the database I have to say that the blog itself does not get blank, it gets only blank when they have clicked on the link of a special theme they wanted to change to.

I installed MU from 1.2.1.

I apologize for lack of information. :)

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

So the themes page goes blank? That's a new one.

I can't test on mine since I'm running that multi page hack (Donncha, if you see this, It's really a great fix to add that in :)

Can anyone else verify this? May be a bug. I haven't used the assigned themes either in the past.

5. alexz
    Posted 16 years ago #

True, the options page goes blank. For half an hour ago I got an 500-error page (Internal server error). So again, maybe it is a hosting issue, but it would be interesting to have an error message or something like that.

Because the MySQL server is up and the blogservice is up and running and people can post blogs but they can not change themes.

6. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have experienced this as well, with a fresh install and trying to activate terrafirm theme, not untill i delete it from themes folder and so forceing WPMU to choose default theme, the problem solves itself.

7. azbikow2
    Posted 15 years ago #

I got the same problem, except at a random time, I think the problem is that i was uploading the 100 theme pack, gonna try to fix it... get back to this!

az

About this Topic