The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

akismet support? (36 posts)

1. diesel12
    Posted 15 years ago #

@tdjcbe: That does help, thank you so much. Was not clear on whether hardcoding had to do with core of simply the plugin ... good stuff, thanks again.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's not a problem. :)

3. zanis_online
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello tdjcbe

I downloaded the typepad plugin and changed all references to .../wp-content/plugins... to .../wp-content/mu-plugins/.. is that all I need to change? It appears in the mu dashboard and the blogs. I was also wondering if the typepad spam filter works on all blogs managed by WPMu? I am very new to WPMu so forgive the dumb question.

Cheers

Zanis

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

is that all I need to change

I believe so. We got fancy with some of the text and links but it'll run without those changes. We hard coded the key as mentioned before. It's about 10 lines in from the top of the plugin I believe.

I was also wondering if the typepad spam filter works on all blogs managed by WPMu

If you hard code the key, it'll work for all of your blogs. Does so with Akismet as well but you run into the licensing issue if you have the proper license to run it in a multiple user setup.

5. zanis_online
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for the response! I have hard coded the key in as mentioned in this thread.

Cheers

Zanis

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Not a problem.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by comforteagle
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe