The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU mod-rewrite workign with mediawiki and Planet (4 posts)

1. mbiven
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hello, I am trying to get WPMU with Mediawiki and Planet all using subdomains. My hostign company (Textdrive) already has rules setup to have any subdirectory in the www root to be a subdomain. The problem I have is that after installing WPMU it breaks the existing rules that wold create the subdomain. My mod_rewrite skills aren't so good, could anyone point me in the right direction please? I would want to have rules to handle the wiki and planet subdomains, but also have the wpmu rules work at the same time.

Currently:
    wiki.domain.com -> /web/public/wiki
    planet.domain.com -> /web/public/planet

Thanks,

2. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Can you set your DNS and Virtual Hosts up to point to planet and wiki before pointing to the wildcard required for WPMU? I think you might actually need another IP address to accomplish that though.

3. mbiven
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I got it working using webmin. I had to recreate the virtual directories and recreate them in the correct order.

Thanks,

4. mspecht
    Posted 18 years ago #

When you say you created them in the right order, what is the right order? I have wpmu installed and want to install MediaWiki in wiki.domain.com. What do I need to do?

About this Topic