The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Cant delete blog (8 posts)

1. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, i updated my wpmu earlier today and cant delete blog after the update, im getting an sql error, anyone please help me with this the error is:

WordPress database error: [Table 'digitalr_bloggproffs.wp_5_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_5_user_roles' LIMIT 1

2. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

is this problem contained to my blog or is it a problem in the latest edition? i guess the problem came with the global update i did just before i tried to delete a blog.

I hope that someone can gimmie an answer, or an solution, another thing, how do i repair/replace root without loosing all content? say: id want to replace all folders except themes and plugins, is this possible without loosing all content in database when i access the site whit new files in root? im guessin that there are a few more files i would need to keep? - Best regards from Sweden

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

You want to keep your wp-config file, and htaccess file (.htaccess, not htaccess.dist), plus, your wp-content directory.

There might be more, but I think that's it. The files have nothing to do with the DB, and wiping the files doesn't delete the DB.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Are you sure you updated all of the files? This is an issue with 1.2.1 but has been fixed for quite some time.

5. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

Luna: yeah iknow, but when i replaced the last time i got the install screen, and after completing the install all posts where gone, altough pages wehre still there.

DrMike: im not exactly sure that we are talking about the same thing, i used the Update feature in Site Admin -> Upgrade, now im not sure that i didnt have this problem before, im using this version according to admin panel: wordpress-mu-1.2.1, but also im quite sure that i downloaded the most resent file when i installed. As u said this is a version that contains this problem, how would i now go about to uppgrading it to a more recent version without loosing my blogs and users?

Thx as always for offering support for such an excellent product and doing it so well

6. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

i have been trying to fiddle abit with the code, to see what the problem is, altough no progress, does anyone know if the version presented on mu.wordpress.org is the new 1.2.2? it says its the 1.2.1 version, and according to my admin panel, i already have 1.2.1

is there anything else i need to do, except the steps that lunabyte so kindly gave me, i dont want to loose anything :)

7. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

It should be. Donncha forgot to advance the number.

If you search through http://trac.mu.wordpress.org for delete, you can verify the fix and make sure that you're running it.

Running for hte bus...

8. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hehe ok, thx mike, really, you guys are doing a hell of a job here!

Its kinda funny to talk with people across the world, me myself is really bending the term "evening" or even "night" , its 3:30am here, so its time to violate my pillow, cheers guys!

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by Novocain
  • Latest reply from Novocain