The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Ultimate Google Analytics not sending / google not reciving? (5 posts)

1. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

im trying to use this plugin "Ultimate Google Analytics" its no problem untill the acctual reading in google, it says "waiting for info" and has been like that for 2-3 days, now i might just be to fast or someting, it might just be as simple as it takes longer time to validate a wpmu site, or that its something that google personel has to approve manualy, but i find both thoose reasons to be abit of a stretch, im thinking its a plugin problem or perhaps a theme problem? ( i have tried with other themes)

i saw some solutions here on the forum to include a code in footer, altough that only worked on some blogs (had something to do with how the footer was implemented).

i tought that i would solve it with this plugin, but it just wont work :( (tried one other wpmu analytics plugin to, that neither gave any results in analytics)
    anyone have an idea?

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Have you asked the plugin author?

That's usually "their job" when releasing a plugin. IE, supporting it.

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is the code being placed? That's teh first thing I would check.

4. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

no havent asked him, tought i would ask if anyone had similar problems.

@ DrMike: Google AN says: waiting for info, collecting info /when i klick the "check status" it says, Väntar på information, Google Analytics has been installed, now collecting info about the site, but it dosent happen anymore then that, asif it gets stuck in something.

and yes, source does show : <!-- tracker added by Ultimate Google Analytics plugin v1.5.3: http://www.oratransplant.nl/uga -->
    <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "xx-123123123-xx";
    urchinTracker();
    </script>

might be a problem at google.com/analytics? (not likely tough)

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sometimes it takes google a while to start collecting and displaying a site.

Sometimes it simply gets lost in the queue.

If it persists for more than a week, then delete the site in google's backend and then add it back in again.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by Novocain
  • Latest reply from lunabyte