The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

A real latest post plugin (13 posts)

1. kurai
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi everyone! Is there a way to modify existing plugins (like List_all_posts) to make a new one which doesn't show only the first post of each latest updated blog, but a real post aggregator that shows a chosen number of updated posts in reverse cronological order?

I.E. I need a plugin that if blog A posted two times recently, shows both posts in te correct order. Any ideas?

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

You mean a sitewide rss feed maybe?

3. kurai
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sitewide RSS feed could be good. The only problem is that I'm using subdirectory, and it doesn't work so well.
    And I will prefer a plugin doing it, rather than having to fetch an RSS.

4. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Take a look at the code. He builds up the posts into an array. You could modify it to output it as a list instead of RSS.

5. charlenopires
    Posted 16 years ago #

I had the same problem. How you resolved the problem? because i too using subdirectory, we are here trying to build a plugin to this :-), if you have the solution, it's the better, post the solution, ok?

6. charlenopires
    Posted 16 years ago #

We are here looking the code of the side wide rss feed, had think in a solution using rss, but desist. think in to create a table how a view, one unique table reffer others to create a list of posts in home, is this that you want?

7. Vimm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I too would like to have a site-wide RSS feed with an HTML version to use as my homepage. I'm hoping to find a plugin out there that can do this, however if I need to I'll have to do it myself.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Feel free to build off our ah_recent_posts. I know it can get post content, and someone else will have to make it work with subdirs. Reverse chronology is easy on top of that. ;)

9. kurai
    Posted 16 years ago #

Where can I download the plugin?

I've got some ideas on how to do the mod, but I'm not a programmer, and I cannot focus very well.
    Can you help me? A flow chart with the basic concepts could be a really good place to start.
    Any advice is welcome. Thank you!

10. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

11. klezmer41
    Posted 16 years ago #

I wrote something that does this but I may have just reinvented the wheel... and maybe not as well as andrea_r did it. Take a look and let me know if it works or needs more options. Right now it just shows post titles, how many days ago it was posted, how many posts you want, etc. It also includes posts/pages but constructs the URLs the way my WP installation needs them. Very much a work in progress, but I'll abandon it and help andrea_r with her's if my implementation isn't as good. Let me know what you think.

http://www.scotthildebrand.com/code

12. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's not that I need help, I'm just not going to write a dozen different variations of the same code for nothing. (ie, anyone who comes along and demand I drop everything to do it for them)

We've already written an unreleased (because someone paid us to do ti) version that spews out entire posts and places them on the front page, complete with custom URLs, so...

Also? get_recent_posts is now a *built in* funtion.

13. klezmer41
    Posted 16 years ago #

I don't mean help like you need it, but rather work on the same codebase so we have more people on it. What's get_recent_posts do? Does that pull from every post in a WPMU?

About this Topic