The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU Releases and Updates vs. WP's (4 posts)

1. slobizman
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am not yet using WPMU, and in the process of researching it now. I have some questions on releases and updates:

1. Do the revisions/improvements that appear in standard WP end up in WPMU right away, always in arrears, or sometimes not at all?

2. I have to update WP more often than I like for security fixes, and small updates, but it's manageable. Is it more often in WPMU?

3. Is the upgrade process for WPMU more of a bear than with SP?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

1. The get into MU faster than they get into official releases of WP, especially if you follow the nightly builds.

2. Sometimes, it depends. Some people here update almost daily. Some wait. some people just update any major files that have changed.

3. I think it's easier.

3. slobizman
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hmmm...that all sound good. I thought it would be more difficult. How long a process is the update? Can you take down the site with some sort of "under maintenance" message while you do it?

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sure, just rename your index.php file to index2.php, and make a default index.php that simply has a maintenance message.

All requests will see that, regardless of the page (or blog) they are trying to visit.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by slobizman
  • Latest reply from lunabyte