The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 1.2.3 (19 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Check out the download page for the new WPMU. The version number is correct this time, and I've added the WP version it's synced against.

This release has all the security fixes from WP 2.2.1, and everyone should upgrade.

2. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Great, just 2 days after I upgrade to 1.2.2 :P

If I do all the code changes from the trac I should be ok, right?

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

What? A correct version number and 2 releases in the same month?

You're spoiling us D. ;)

Thanks for busting your tail on it. :)

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Konstan - check out the timeline. I did a pretty big merge from WP a couple of days ago, but yes, if you merge all the code then you'll be up to date.

Lunabyte - you're very welcome!

5. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok then, I'll just merge the code ;)

I have another question, should I run the upgrade script everytime I edit lots of files? Or running that script is not needed if I change the code by hand?

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

You run the script anytime the database layout is changed. Bet bet is to double check your older copy of the version.php and the newer version. If the database number has been changed, you need to run the upgrade.

Gotta admit that I just do it anyway. :)

7. charlenopires
    Posted 16 years ago #

Plugin Sitewide feed for WPMU broken in wpmu 1.2.3 with the message: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error. In Activate. :(

What i do?

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Works just fine for me.

9. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

And that is with the 1.2.3 release.

10. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Check the webserver's error logs.

11. charlenopires
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok, when i had use the version wpmu 1.2.3 from trunk, return a errror message, but, with the version of tag, worked. :-)

Thanks for all friend!

12. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Complain when there's a security release...

Complain when there's not a security release...

Are you guys sure you're not channeling my ex mother in law?

13. CoreyCampbell
    Posted 16 years ago #

lol mike

14. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

updates in all goodnes, but will i loose settings this time to? last time when u upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 i lost all users theme settings (in other words, all users got the "default" theme they got upon signup, i saved the wp-content folder, wp-settings.php and .htaccess last time and reinstalled the whole root, and after completion i readded the saved files, but still all users had lost there theme settings, and my "last updated" script lost all posts.

is there anything i can do to prevent this?

best regards and thx as always for such a kickass jobb!

15. thierryyyyyyy
    Posted 16 years ago #

If tables "wp_N_options" did not change their structure between 1.2.2 and 1.2.3, you can perhaps put back all the previous preferences ....
    I have 2 installations of wp-mu, template is set by key 49 and 50 (template, stylesheet) in wp_N_options ...
    If you succeed in replacing setting, let us know :)

16. kobak
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, after upgrading to 1.2.3 I cannot use div class="whatever" in the post writing screen. After saving the post it remains just a div. The class disappears. Can somebody tell me, what to shall I do, that it remains?

Thanks.

17. kobak
    Posted 16 years ago #

The answer for myself and all the others who might have the same problem. In the wp-includes/kses.php after div the class option was removed. In the previous version it was:

'div' => array (
    'align' => array (),
    'class' => array (),
    'dir' => array ()),

With that it works.

18. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Same goes for anywhere the class option was removed. Img, span, whatever.

The solution I came up with for this was to define what I wanted to be available to me for my primary blog, and then using my main blog only plugins hack, I use my own array for that instead.

For users and themes, "most" don't grasp the class thing or any other attributes for a tag. Most just don't know it, which is OK. Users can't be expected to have the level of knowledge the admin has (or better have). So for that, I'm adding formatting for the images in the theme's css file. So if they add an image to their post, it at least has something to it to make it look nice within the theme. Whether it's floated left/right or has a border/shadow depends on the theme, but it's better than nothing for sure.

19. torres
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hellow.
    Sorry, I don't now if it is the right place from to make a question but I'm going to send it.
    Upgrades from WordpressMU_1.0 to WordpressMU_1.2.3.
    At beginning, everything works well but I have a problem with HTML publisher ( TinyMCE ).
    The Tiny's buttons disappears and I canĀ“t use its.

I installed several tiny's plugins and the system reconize them but,no does not work happens nothing.

I followed all steps, upgrade the cache .... and the HTML publisher remains equal.

Somebody to help me ?.
    Him it has happened something similar to somebody ?.

Pardon by my English-spanglish.

A greeting.

About this Topic