The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Widgets dont work as of 1.2.3 (4 posts)

1. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

I used to have the widgets plugin in my mu-plugins folder, but with the never code it seems like widgets come with WP default, so if I remove the plugin I do get widgets but I cant move them around, if I add the plugin I get another widgets page but I still cant move them around.

Anyone else has had this problem?

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Remove the plugin, log out, clear your browser's file and cookie cache, and try again.

3. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

I managed to fix this after searching around wp.org forums where users reported lots of trouble with wp2.2 and I tried everything.

The thing that worked was to delete the js folder and reupload all the files from a fresh 1.2.3 download. Then a hard refresh and everything was back to working :)

Also, I removed the plugin. Much easier now to have this as part of the script itself.

4. billnoyes
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just upgraded my site from 1.2.0 to 1.2.3 and may be having a related problem. I removed the widgets folder at upgrade time, I replaced the js folder, I have cleared my browser cache a number of times and still cannot get my Blogroll links to show up anymore. The links widget is still there in the Presentation options of my current theme, it just won't show up on my actual blog. Any ideas? Everything else is running great on this version.

SOLVED:
    This seems to be a problem with my theme. I switched themes and Blogroll is visible again. I was using the Subtle theme.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by Konstan
  • Latest reply from billnoyes