The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wow: User-customizable navigation menus?! (8 posts)

1. JMF
    Posted 16 years ago #

Has anyone messed with this plugin + MU yet?
    Navigation Tool for Wordpress plugin (NAVT)

It *sounds* really cool -- users can drag and drop elements into their menu bar (once themes have been adjusted accordingly...)

I threw it into MU-plugins and got nothing, then into plugins and got a fatal error on activation. :(

It says it's compatible with WP 2.1+ -- is that comparable to the latest MU version? Has anyone vetted this for MU yet?

Jeff.

2. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

I tried using it with WP 2.1 and it didn't work either. The NAVT plugin needs to be rebuilt.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Then again, my little menu plugin works just great. No fluff or nothing. It just works.

Type in a link, add it, done.

And, of course, it works with MU.

4. JMF
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey, that looks nice, too! Thanks, I missed it. One problem, though. I installed, activated, and added a menu group.

On the Add Menu Item screen, I'm looking at a blank window, with a sidebar 'Menu Group' (mine is selected) and 'Child Link Of' (None selected, no other options.)

Something's not right. What can I check?

5. JMF
    Posted 16 years ago #

Whoops. I use Omniweb on the Mac as my main browser. Checked in Firefox, and everything displays.

6. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Omniweb?

Ewwww.... lol

7. JMF
    Posted 16 years ago #

Eh, I've been through all of them at one time or another: Safari, Opera, Firefox, iCab(?!), etc. etc. -- and settled on Omniweb (for now). It's got a crazy high granularity for preferences (easy and quick to set site-by-site), nice bookmark management, and I dig the little graphical-thumbnail tabs.

It uses Apple's WebKit for its rendering engine, so it might affect Safari, too. Oddly enough, now that I have actual *items* entered (through Firefox), the 'Add Menu Item' form shows up just fine in both Omniweb and Safari 2.x. Interesting.

Thanks for the plugin, though; I've been tweaking my themes so that if a user makes a manu group named "navigation" the items there will replace the main manu bar. Seems to work nicely.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Cool.

I dunno about safari, when I originally tested it it was OK. I haven't got on the 3.0 bandwagon yet though. :(

To be honest, FF is my default. Then I have camino (not that it's really needed), and of course Safari as well.

If I need IE (testing only, other than that it can bite me), I vpn into another network to use it through RDC. No boot camp or parallels here. To me, that's sacrilege. lol

About this Topic